Swap SIM card between v1 and 3G phone?

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
No, because each iPhone has a specific sim card thats registered to it.
how is that true ? if your iPhone breaks and you need it to be reparied you can go to the Apple store and they give you a loaner phone and you just pop your sim card in that one . thats what i have heard. so how is the sim card spacifi to each phone ?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
If I get a 3G and activate it and get a valid data plan for it, can I then swap back and forth between my old v1 phone and my 3G easily?
I think it is possible. I don't see how the network could differentiate (other than by IMEI) whether your data use is from V2 or V1, especially if the data being used is over EDGE.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
how is that true ? if your iPhone breaks and you need it to be reparied you can go to the Apple store and they give you a loaner phone and you just pop your sim card in that one . thats what i have heard. so how is the sim card spacifi to each phone ?
Okay. With my iPhone, it works perfectly with my SIM card, but when I tried putting my friends SIM card in, it told me that that was the incorrect SIM. I don't know how the loaner phones work though.

GSY

Bronze
Mar 22, 2007
My question also. What if iPhone 3G battery dies and I want to quick swap the SIM on

my original iPhone? I can't see how this won't work.

Okay. With my iPhone, it works perfectly with my SIM card, but when I tried putting my friends SIM card in, it told me that that was the incorrect SIM. I don't know how the loaner phones work though.