Syncing Video

Magicman4131

Bronze
Jul 25, 2009
California
Hi guys! I have no problem syncing photos from my computer onto my iPhone but can I sync videos I took on to my iPhone and how.

Thanks in advance.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
I have been having a problem with this. Someone on another forum said to make sure you have the sync videos tab clicked in iTunes for your iPhone.

awaadster3

Bronze
Mar 26, 2010
Detroit, MI
Are you trying videos from your computer to your iPhone? If so the iPhone only allows a handful of formats such as .mp4. If your movies are in .avi or .mpeg format they will not sync. You will have to convert them to .mp4

After converting them you can either click and drop them into you iTunes or as stated above, choose the movies tab in iTunes and check the sync box and choose the movies you want to sync over.

But if you are trying to sync videos taken from the iPhone to the computer, iTunes usually syncs it to your iPhoto library under new events. Let me know if you still are having trouble.

gslrider

Feb 28, 2010
PinkBanana is correct. You have to check off the Sync Video tab. You can also choose a Sync folder as well. So that whenever you want to upload or download video it will all take place in that folder.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Ok I get it now thanks guys. I need to switch to my files to .mp4
Actually, I just had the same problem and the solution was basically what Pink said.

More explicitly

1. connect iPhone to computer
2. select iPhone under "devices" on the left side
*3. Check box "Include Videos" under the Photos tab

The iPhone can't take a video that the iPhone can't play, so you shouldn't have to reformat your files.