The Alleged 5.5" iPhone Could Be A Seriously Large Phone

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I got the LG G3 and just told my husband that is about as big (overall size) as I can handle on a phone. I also had the OnePlus one which had the same screen size but was overall longer. I sold it and one of the reasons was size. The LG G3 has small bezels and the shape makes it feel comfortable in my hand. The 5.5 would only be only an option for me if it does have a significant spec difference. I guess 1 week from now I make a decision.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I got the LG G3 and just told my husband that is about as big (overall size) as I can handle on a phone. I also had the OnePlus one which had the same screen size but was overall longer. I sold it and one of the reasons was size. The LG G3 has small bezels and the shape makes it feel comfortable in my hand. The 5.5 would only be only an option for me if it does have a significant spec difference. I guess 1 week from now I make a decision.
The LG G3 is a beautiful phone. I looked at it the other day as a backup plan in case the Apple keynote doesn't grab me or offer a 5.5" iPhone in the very near future. For a 5.5" phone, the G3 feels pretty good in the hand (waiting for @billnye97 to comment on this one :D). I like to use an Android every couple of years or so anyway, so who knows?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Yeah with Android you can change your launcher of course. I just hope Apple get it right with iPhone. That's IF we do see a "phablet" sized iPhone.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager
What I really liked about Nova was the ability to have a more than four-column screen and to have an Infinidock-like dock with many scrollable icons. It also allowed me to shrink my icons. I was in love with that launcher.

It's okay, Mindi - I eventually broke it off. :)

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
Are there any for sure updates on if there will be an iPhone 6 5.5" this
Month? If not, I hope we will find out at the event.

L

Lani Lei

Isn't October the usual release month for the new iPhone every year?

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Napolean Phone Apart !! I'm with you ! I want a bigger screen, and if it's not bigger this upgrade I'm switching to android even though it will be a lot of work to learn it's ways.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
The LG G3 is a beautiful phone. I looked at it the other day as a backup plan in case the Apple keynote doesn't grab me or offer a 5.5" iPhone in the very near future. For a 5.5" phone, the G3 feels pretty good in the hand (waiting for @billnye97 to comment on this one :D). I like to use an Android every couple of years or so anyway, so who knows?
Not touching this one with a 10 foot pole......

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
What I really liked about Nova was the ability to have a more than four-column screen and to have an Infinidock-like dock with many scrollable icons. It also allowed me to shrink my icons. I was in love with that launcher.

It's okay, Mindi - I eventually broke it off. :)
The dock is the biggest problem for me with the current iPhone set up. After having a HTC One for a bit and being able to use Nova it was really hard to go back. I just want more than 4 items on the dock. For me 5 is perfect. Phone, Text, Safari, Music, Camera.