The easiest way to add 3rd party apps to date!

Josh

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
Where would we put the rom files though?
Once you install SSH and SFTP, you can use FUGU. In FUGU (or however you gain access to your phone, you add a folder in var/root/media names ROMs, then in ROMs, you add another folder called NES. It's in the NES folder where you place all of your new found lovely roms.

At the bottom of this tutorial, it gives you a visual representation of what I just said.....

http://hacktheiPhone.com/iPhone_install_nintendo_emulator_mac.html

I ended up using the SSH install and SFTP install tutorial there as well. I went from nothing to playing my NES favs in about 4 hours. Everything is listed, you just have to sit and read and make yourself understand it.

Josh

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
oh, and don't jailbreak any other way than the tutorials tell you. I tried using jailbreak in iActivator and my phone did jailbreak, but for some reason it wouldn't find certain folders in my phone that way. Once I used the jailbreak through terminal like the tutorials said, it worked like a charm.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Once you install SSH and SFTP, you can use FUGU. In FUGU (or however you gain access to your phone, you add a folder in var/root/media names ROMs, then in ROMs, you add another folder called NES. It's in the NES folder where you place all of your new found lovely roms.

At the bottom of this tutorial, it gives you a visual representation of what I just said.....

http://hacktheiPhone.com/iPhone_install_nintendo_emulator_mac.html

I ended up using the SSH install and SFTP install tutorial there as well. I went from nothing to playing my NES favs in about 4 hours. Everything is listed, you just have to sit and read and make yourself understand it.
Not too successful here with this tut. Followed everything but in Fugu, I got this error:
fugu12.gif
Any words of wisdom? I'm so close....

Josh

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
it looks like your sftp permissions weren't fully edited to allow read/write. I would go back and double check that in terminal.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
it looks like your sftp permissions weren't fully edited to allow read/write. I would go back and double check that in terminal.
Yes, I got the message that it was read only. How can I change that? Thanks. This is the farthest I've ever gone, progress-wise! But so frustrating when hitting a snag like this. Followed the tut to a tee (I think).

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Success...then failure!

I had it working for a bit and played Mike Tysons Punchout but it was extremely glitchy and slow. Don't know is I did something wrong. Eventually it was so bad that I had to restore to remove all the garbage that it takes just to start playing. propbably wont do that again until all the kinks are worked out. Just not as fun as I expected too:oops:

drivefast

Aug 16, 2007
fyi. i ran the iBrickr over an iPhone 1.0.2 update and it worked perfectly. previously i have hit a dead end with 1.0.1 and the series of instructions from hackmyiPhone. practically iBrickr fixed my winscp / ssh "connection refused" issue. huh. :cool:

also note that iBrickr runs over the usb connection rather than the wifi. (or the winscp instructions were supposed to run over usb as well?... dunno.) some operations, like directory navigation, literally take minutes and look like they frozen everything, but they do eventually complete.

FantaXP7

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
So I have my iPhone all set up within osx, but it seems that it's easier to send over roms in windows, which I also have. is it possible to just send over roms in windows without screwing anything else up?

Also, and I know this is incredibly stupid of myself, but when did we set a password for the iPhone? I don't remember at all and dottie wont work for me...