The Fail Forum

uRabbit

Bronze
Jul 13, 2009
Can we just call this the Fail Forum? It really is a truer title for what goes on here in this so-called 'iPhone 5 Forum'.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Its not a fail forum, as you got to be thinking ahead. TONS if other sites have iPhone 5 forums, heck, I've seen an entire forum dedicated to the iPhone 5. Chris started this entire site about a year (was it?) before the iPhone was announced. If people called it a fail forum this site wouldn't be as successful as it is. I don't see you posting this in the iPad 3 forum. And I'm positive Chris will change it if it's called the iPhone 4S.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using my iPhone 4

snurblet

Bronze
Apr 16, 2009
WNC, USA
Can we just call this the Fail Forum? It really is a truer title for what goes on here in this so-called 'iPhone 5 Forum'.
What should be going on in this forum?

A forum is what it is because of the contributions of the membership. Maybe you could contribute what's missing and bring it up to it's potential?

uRabbit

Bronze
Jul 13, 2009
Just think it's ridiculous seeing multiple threads about 'what do you want in the iPhone 5', or 'w1ll teh Ifon 5 have fLash?!' and all. I don't understand why more people aren't reading the blogs that have all the best rumours and predictions.

Now, I don't think we should NOT have this forum, but certainly not ten threads about flash and what-not. You know?

Also, who says it's iPhone 5? I'm banking on 4S. So the forum should be called 'Next-Gen iPhone'.

/rant

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I'm sure Chris will change it to whatever it's called. But why are you only griping to us? Go to every iPhone 5 forum or every forum with iPhone 5 as a forum, and gripe to them.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Because this is the only iCommunity I frequent. ;)
And this is the best one.
In a way I'm with you, I'm not a big rumor follower, only time will tell, but it's also understandable why any forum would keep those sections open to the public to come in and speculate, some people love that kind of stuff. So I wouldn't call it a fail, that's harsh IMO, it's just something I don't participate.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Also, who says it's iPhone 5? I'm banking on 4S. So the forum should be called 'Next-Gen iPhone'.

/rant
It has to have a temporary name so people know what's being referred to and iPhone 5 is the clearest and most logical. If you're banking on 4S, you'll almost certainly lose. There is a close to 0% chance it will be called the iPhone 4S. It makes no sense. The 3G was named after the network, not the version. It was actually the iPhone 2. The 3GS is also named after the network. Calling the next phone the 3GX (named after the 3G network) or iPhone 5 (fifth iPhone version) makes more sense.

If it was going to have 4G capability, the iPhone 4G would be appropriate, but even if it was going to have 4G I still think they would call it the iPhone 5 or iPhone LTE (or something we haven't thought of yet) because '4G' would probably confuse people. The only reason to give the phone a number other than the version number is if that number correlates with the network. The 4 in iPhone 4S would not correlate with the 3G network (it's not expected to have 4G/LTE) or the version. Therefore it would do nothing but tie it to the iPhone 4 and that would be horrible marketing.

Reactions: Napoleon_PhoneApart

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Because this is the only iCommunity I frequent. ;)
And this is the best one.
Let's just say that some forum categories are created to be sure that people continue to find everythingiCafe now and in the future. It's highly likely that at some point we'll see an iPhone 5 and I'd certainly like to see those looking for an iPhone 5 forum, to find us here at eiC.

See what I did there.;)