The Hangout

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Just had Verizon FIOS installed today. Wow what an amazing picture! Fiber is the way to go I guess.
Saved about $50 a month too.
Funny thing is I just bumped my Internet speed from 15/5 up to 35/35! Can't wait for that to kick in!

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Just had Verizon FIOS installed today. Wow what an amazing picture! Fiber is the way to go I guess.
Saved about $50 a month too.
Funny thing is I just bumped my Internet speed from 15/5 up to 35/35! Can't wait for that to kick in!
I'm jealous. I have to have Comcast on the condo. It sucks. Can't do anything about it. I have no Internet option at the new build. Well that's my true. I have dial up option yes that still exists and is what i use out there currently.

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I have Comcast as well. I've checked into my one other option and price wise it is close to the same since a phone line is required to bundle services. I am happy with Comcast's speeds and don't want to chance getting something slower.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I've been told that Wave (yuck) is going to eventually dig and run lines out there. I'm not holding my breathe. I don't see myself ever living there anyways so wont bother me much.

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I am ready for this day to end. I've been up since 3 am for a 6:15 flight, spent 4 hours on a plane, 3 hours of interviewing prospective candidates and dinner with 2 other managers on our team. The next 3 days are filled with more interviews, customer meetings, flight back home Wed night and another full day of meetings on Thursday. I am looking forward to Friday to get another 4 hours of ink on my left sleeve. I'll have one more hour for final details/touch up if needed after Friday. I'll post pics when it is all healed up.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Thanks for your concern. I'm right here. Just been busy. It was a crazy weekend. It looks like I'm buying a condo in New Windsor. Very exciting, but slightly overwhelming too.
nice congrats! Hey I gotta keep a look out for my neighbor! Lol. Glad all is well. Nice where on that side of the bridge? My in laws live over there... I wanna say by Irish eyes, good bar by the way :)

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Fake accident scam foiled by dash cam. Looking for a good but not overly expensive unit since this happened in my neighborhood.

The scammer has since been charged by the police with fraud over $5000 (filing an insurance claim), attempt fraud on the driver of the cam and mischief (reporting false details to the police).

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I wonder how good of a sell Tim Cook is going to do tomorrow. It's going to be sad kind of, I'll miss how pumped Steve got with his products. Hopefully Tim will do a good job, the iPhone 4s wasn't a show of what he could do too much because everyone had grief because they knew Steve was about to pass on.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
So little info for everyone. I decided to restore my phone and then set up from a backup up for two reasons. One I am dumb and deleted cydia somehow. The other more important reason is that I have an 8gb phone thy had 2.8 gb of "other" on it. That's a lot.
After a restore and backup I have .45 gb of other. Huge improvement.