iPhone 7 The iPhone7 Release Event Discussion Thread

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Mindi told me to tell you that you live in a gorgeous part of the country. She just spent a few days up there and went kayaking to Aialik Glacier.
Holy crap -- is this her second visit here? I conversed with her back in May I believe when she said she had been here for a brief visit to see her brother. She mentioned kayaking and glaciers from that visit as well, but different glacier. The one you mention is about a 90 minute drive from my house, followed by some kayaking out of Seward to get to. We were talking a couple weeks ago about taking a group of scouts down that way next summer.

Anyhow, one visit to Alaska without telling me is understandable. Twice is unforgivable. She must be afraid of me.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I have the 6 plus and I'm out on this update.
I've done every major update, OP to the 3, 3 to 4, 4 to 5, 5 to 6 and by the time that two years is up my phone is out of memory, slow, can't hold a charge and the new update is too hard to pass up.

Well my 6 plus has plenty of memory, is still very fast and holds a charge all day. After this keynote I just don't see any changes worth making me want to upgrade. Maybe the 7s I will have to.

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
Wtf apple you really drop the ball. Was hopeing it was going amazing phone not . No thanks I keep my 6s plus well maybe I might go with Samsung .

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Wtf apple you really drop the ball. Was hopeing it was going amazing phone not . No thanks I keep my 6s plus well maybe I might go with Samsung .
What were you expecting? At this stage there's not really any big changes phones can make anymore.
The only thing I would say that Samsung has that we don't that I would actually care about is the ability to use their "pay" at any credit card machine. Not just ones that are set up.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
A few things I knew were not coming but wanted..

-Higher resolution screens
-Amoled
-Notification light (I love and use this ALL the time on Androids) but I know this will probably never come to iPhones
-USB C (will never come now with lightning earpods in the mix)

A few minor disappointments....

-Headphone jack RIP
-Another adapter to misplace
-Space Gray RIP. My favorite color!