The official "I'm staying up till 3am to order the iPhone 5" thread, gang.

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I ended up using Safari, though I couldn't change the shipping address. Night everyone.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I ended up using Safari, though I couldn't change the shipping address. Night everyone.
May be able to change the shipping address on the Order page via the Apple Store. You have to wait until it is processed though. There is an "edit" button and it says to try again after that step is completed.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Hey,

Just out of curiosity, what does "*In CA and RI sales tax is collected on the unbundled price of the iPhone." mean?

How is that different from the other states?

I'm in FL, but I'm just curious?!

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
If you're having issues with Safari, a tip that worked was making your browsing private in the Safari menu. That way no cached pages should load.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Gots mine. used chrome. went smooth as hell. either Apple is bolstering their servers, or there's much less demand than the iPhone 4 order fiasco. Probably a combination of both, i guess.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I literally hate sprint right now.. i am so tired and the site is still down
Hey, I just checked for ya... I can get into Sprint w/no problem

It tells me this:

It's coming
We're excited and readying the store for your orders. Check back soon to place your pre-order. Remember, Sprint offers you Truly UnlimitedSM data. No metering. No throttling. No overages. All while on the Sprint network.

In the meantime, you can get fast, free access to self-service from your Sprint phone:

Dial *4 to get up-to-date usage
Dial *3 to get account balance and pay your bill
Dial *2 to activate a phone, block text messages, or change your plan
You can also visit a Sprint store to pay your bill, activate a phone or get personalized help.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
My buddy ordered on Apple.com and just called me. He did not get the option to ship it. He got to the end of the process and received this message:

"carriers are down, phone will be reserved"

Hey, I just checked for ya... I can get into Sprint w/no problem

It tells me this:

It's coming
We're excited and readying the store for your orders. Check back soon to place your pre-order. Remember, Sprint offers you Truly UnlimitedSM data. No metering. No throttling. No overages. All while on the Sprint network.

In the meantime, you can get fast, free access to self-service from your Sprint phone:

Dial *4 to get up-to-date usage
Dial *3 to get account balance and pay your bill
Dial *2 to activate a phone, block text messages, or change your plan
You can also visit a Sprint store to pay your bill, activate a phone or get personalized help.
yeah i just got that as well. I'm just blown away they wouldn't be ready on launch like att and verizon.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Hey,

Just out of curiosity, what does "*In CA and RI sales tax is collected on the unbundled price of the iPhone." mean?

How is that different from the other states?

I'm in FL, but I'm just curious?!
That means you will be taxed for the full retail price of the device even if you're paying for subsidized pricing.

Reactions: Rafagon