The official "I'm staying up till 3am to order the iPhone 5" thread, gang.

imotionb18

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Houston, Tx
They put a hold on my card for the entire amount. They did the same thing when I ordered my iPhone 4. The hold came off a few days later. Then I was charged when it shipped.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
They put a hold on my card for the entire amount. They did the same thing when I ordered my iPhone 4. The hold came off a few days later. Then I was charged when it shipped.
This is what happened when I bought my iPhone 4S's and my iPad so I thought I would see it happen with this order right away. But the money is still sitting in my account right now. O_o

Maybe they're going to ship it really really soon. Like for a super fast delivery like the one year people received their orders a day ahead of launch. That would rock! I'm not holding my breath though. They'll probably get to charging and holding the $ soon or just charge it when it ships.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
SunnySweet & Bennyboy Sorry I missed the fun last night / this morning. Even though I wasn't ordering, I would have stayed up with you all to chat the time away. Been feeling rather crappy, 101 fever, chills... Fun stuff like that. Even if I was buying one I doubt I could have made it all night ( I know Benny... That's what she said)
Hope you two & everyone else was successful in their preorder.

Reactions: Bennyboy

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I think they will charge our cards immediately since this is going to be the fastest roll out yet. It's coming from China so it won't be too long before they have to ship the devices to make delivery in 7 days.

Jill1228

Bronze
Dec 23, 2009
Cedar Rapids, IA
Anyone's credit card was charged yet?
I just checked! Mine was charged.
It sucks that in Cali you are charged tax on the full retail price...I bought my iPhone 4 in San Francisco and to add insult to injury, I think San Fran has the highest damn sales tax in the nation (between them an Chicago)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Everything is good on my end, AT&T already put a debit on my account on the amount of the full bill, do next month is gonna be 0. Plan and everything is good, nothing changed. Only pain is I couldn't change my shipping address from the app, tried to call Apple and I got a call back later message. No biggie.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
My credit card hasn't been charged yet but that's not a problem, when it goes through I'll pay it online,

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I must've missed the memo. It begins at 3? I'll definitely be sleeping, but I should be up at 8, think I'd still be able to pre-order? Is it supposed to be super crazyy?
You can always pre-order, you just won't have the much-lusted-after device on September 21st. Shipping times have slipped to 2 weeks--since about 4AM, a mere hour after the floodgates were opened.

macrumors.com said:
Just an hour after pre-orders for the iPhone 5 went live, Apple Store shipping estimates for new pre-orders have already slipped to two weeks in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Germany, and Australia. Once transit times are accounted for, users pre-ordering now may not receive their iPhones until nearly two weeks after the official launch date of September 21.
You may read the full post here.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Verizon is still showing the 21st delivery... Apple slipped to 2 weeks! Got mine from verizon n ordered the pink iPod! Glad were all in this together!

Reactions: RoofMonkey

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
yeah I'm getting black. I have this sharp migraine only on my left brain. How long do I have till I'm out? Nurse?
Sorry Bennyboy I had intended to reply to this last night but got sidetracked with this little item I was ordering at Apple.com.

Do you get these migraines often? Or headaches in general?

Next time you see your doc, ask for a prescription for Fioricet (read up on it at drugs.com).

It's a combination drug. One pill contains:
  • acetaminophen (325mg) - in other words a plain ol' Tylenol
  • caffeine (40mg) - self-explanatory
  • butalbital (50mg) - the name sounds hard-core but it really isn't, I assure you
It's cheap, too -- even with no prescription insurance (which is the boat I'm in right now), I get 30 pills/month for roughly $13 (at CVS) or $17 (Walgreens).

I've suffered from headaches my whole life so I've tried pretty much everything.

Motrin - doesn't help
Plain Tylenol - doesn't help
Imitrex, a highly regarded medication for headaches/migraines - it helped me as much as taking a sugar pill

I can assure you that one pill of Fioricet with 12 ounces of Mountain Dew will take care of your headaches, be it on your left brain like last night, right brain, or both of your brains :D

On an empty stomach, it can rid you of a strong headache in 15-20 minutes. But if you've recently had a big meal, you could have to wait 60-90 minutes for relief.

ONE WARNING: If you take this drug, wait at least 12 hours before consuming alcohol. Bad mix...

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Sorry Bennyboy I had intended to reply to this last night but got sidetracked with this little item I was ordering at Apple.com.

Do you get these migraines often? Or headaches in general?

Next time you see your doc, ask for a prescription for Fioricet (read up on it at drugs.com).

It's a combination drug. One pill contains:
  • acetaminophen (325mg) - in other words a plain ol' Tylenol
  • caffeine (40mg) - self-explanatory
  • butalbital (50mg) - the name sounds hard-core but it really isn't, I assure you

It's cheap, too -- even with mo prescription insurance (which is the boat I'm in right now), I get 30 pills/month for roughly $13 (at CVS) or $17 (Walgreens).

I've suffered from headaches my whole life so I've tried pretty much everything.

Motrin - doesn't help
Plain Tylenol - doesn't help
Imitrex, a highly regarded medication for headaches/migraines - it helped me as much as taking a sugar pill

I can assure you that one pill of Fioricet with 12 ounces of Mountain Dew will take care of your headaches, be it on your left brain like last night, right brain, or both of your brains :D

On an empty stomach, it can rid you of a strong headache in 15-20 minutes. But if you've recently had a big meal, you could have to wait 60-90 minutes for relief.

ONE WARNING: If you take this drug, wait at least 12 hours before consuming alcohol. Bad mix...
I get them often but Advil always works, last night I only had Tylenol, but they don't do crap. I sleep very little, that together with starring at a screen all day, made it worse. Thank you thou, I'll take a note of that.