the Official iPhone 5 Campout Madness Thread

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Even if they are not buying anything?
If they aren't buying anything it shouldn't be an issue. Just say you're giving them your old phone. Of course it would be wrong to say that if they were buying a new iPhone. People actually pay people to hold spots in line & that person comes along & takes the spot later.

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
I would say it all depends on why they will be joining you. If they are the money person, or account holder and they HAD to be there, I don't think folks behind you would have an issue with that. Just be sure to explain to them what's going on...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Some of you are no doubt on your way to an Apple Store shortly to camp out for the iPhone 5. Me, I'm planning on getting a few hours of sleep and then leaving around 4 am EST. I'll be at the Huntington, NY store, so if anyone is there, say hi. Share your photos, stories and more here in this thread.

VegazTheone

Sep 28, 2007
I'm in Milwaukee, WI and I just drove past our BayShore Apple Store and there's no line so ill probably head there around 11pm I took a few naps already today so I should be good

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
My wife is waiting in line for me at the louisville Apple store,till I get off work. Right now there is about 15 or so in line.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Please post while guys are in line. I'd like to hear what it's like and how many people are there etc.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
A big line here in Albuquerque at Apple . I think i'll go by there in the am and see if i can find a case till i can get either a otterbox or lifeproof