Tips And Tricks

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Sorry if this is already posted, but in the Mail app instead of clicking the "edit" button to delete email, you can put your finger on the message, and slide your finger to the left off the screen and you can delete messages that way! I did it on accident, and then after I found out how I did it, I was like "Yay!"
great feature but this was a known tip from day one. what I would like is a mass delete feature like everyone else is dying for!

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
hi all. I have seen the forums and did not find anyone that posted similar to this so here I go.

I currently have a locked iPhone with software 1.1.1. And wanted to post these tricks I discovered while playing around

1) when you are listening to the iPod in sleep mode and want to change a song instead of pressing the sleep button and sliding to unlock, just press the home button twice and the ipod controls pop up. There you can forward and back a song in your recent list.

2) when you are in the iPod and in album art you can swipe the album art to the right ( just like swiping the pics) and the song list pop up. The other option of course in by tapping the top right hand corner to see the list.

3) another cool trick for my foreign typing buddies is a quick way to type a word in another langauge. For example I type Spanish a lot. So I use the "ñ" a lot. To do that on the iPhone I go to the "n" key and hold it for a few seconds. The other variations of the n will appear. The're other characters there that I do not recognize like if you press the o some variations pop up. enjoy

So these are some tricks that I learned that I haven't seen being posted here. If anybody wants you can post your own tips and tricks that hadn't been posted

Thanks

tnh732

Oct 27, 2007
hey it does have ñ? lol i wish i find that out before my iPhone fried.. thanks anyways kudos..

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
quickly erasing emails

Another useful tip for email:

Until multiple email deleting capability comes out in a future update,
you can quickly delete an email by slowly swiping the email title to the right, and the Red delete button will pop up... You can quickly delete emails with one finger motion.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Bump...

Just going through some old posts that some of our new members might benefit from.
Yeah, it's New Year's Day and I have nothing else to do!:laugh2:

pedro_de_poca_roca

Jun 3, 2008
dbl tap to the top!

I got one..

if you tap twice at the very top of the screen when you are internet browsing, it will take you to the very top instead of having to scroll all the way up.

Hey... great.. first tip I read and it's an awesome one. I have a couple of pages I read that are mongo long so this is awesome! Too bad it doesn't work that way in the email app.