Tips And Tricks

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Someone already mentioned that tip on the previous page.
You can do it also with the shift key.

Tip: Read all pages before posting a tip so you ain't repeating like a broken record, and playing more like a smooth iPhone.

DJ Indy

Jul 27, 2007
Arizona
Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm still new to the forum and haven't had much time to look around. Anyways, here's my tip:

Youtube on the phone has limited videos as of right now. So if you don't find the video you're looking for on youtube, try searching on Google video. Since all google videos are downloadable for iPod Video/PSP that means it's viewable on our iPhones. Just make sure you click on a google video (there are a lot of youtube videos linked through google video) Then on the pull down bar select Ipod Video/Sony PSP and click the Download button to the left of that. Then a player will open and you'll see a faint quicktime logo in the middle, and shortly thereafter you'll be enjoying your video :)

I know it's nothing crazy but it's something I figured out after being very disappointed with how minimal the video selection is for the phones on youtube. Hopefully this comes in handy for somebody.

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm still new to the forum and haven't had much time to look around. Anyways, here's my tip:

Youtube on the phone has limited videos as of right now. So if you don't find the video you're looking for on youtube, try searching on Google video. Since all google videos are downloadable for iPod Video/PSP that means it's viewable on our iPhones. Just make sure you click on a google video (there are a lot of youtube videos linked through google video) Then on the pull down bar select Ipod Video/Sony PSP and click the Download button to the left of that. Then a player will open and you'll see a faint quicktime logo in the middle, and shortly thereafter you'll be enjoying your video :)

I know it's nothing crazy but it's something I figured out after being very disappointed with how minimal the video selection is for the phones on youtube. Hopefully this comes in handy for somebody.
Worked for me, awesome for streaming videos thanks :)

jessicay16

Jun 26, 2007
i cant find the button that plays the google videos on your iPhone. Am i missing something totaly obvious? :mad: Thanks in advance for any help

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Won't work with EDGE either, at least when I tested it (not even if I waited).

Not that I would want to use it via EDGE, but there are times I wouldn't mind waiting to see a full res video rather than an EDGEified YouTube clip.

--
Mike

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
if i restore my iPhone on iTunes does anything bad will happened?
There was just a thread about this. iTunes backs up all of your recent calls, contacts, text's and so on. The only thing you will have to do is add your email account in again, setup voicemail and reset your settings to where they were before!

martinel_13

Jun 23, 2007
There was just a thread about this. iTunes backs up all of your recent calls, contacts, text's and so on. The only thing you will have to do is add your email account in again, setup voicemail and reset your settings to where they were before!
i wanna do it cause the ipod function is bad or something cause i can only see like the album pik of two artists not of every artist

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
i wanna do it cause the ipod function is bad or something cause i can only see like the album pik of two artists not of every artist
I have the same thing, its something with the MP3 then and it cant find the album cover (iTunes).. I don't have a definitive explanation, other then that is normal, don't reset your iPhone for that!

martinel_13

Jun 23, 2007
I have the same thing, its something with the MP3 then and it cant find the album cover (iTunes).. I don't have a definitive explanation, other then that is normal, don't reset your iPhone for that!

i also have a problem to acces to internet in my iPhone aand my mac i called the internet company and they told me the problem might be in the mac but i don't know why i cant acces in my iPhone

martinel_13

Jun 23, 2007

if i download it from google video and then i close it where can i find it? cause i did it but i didn't find it

dadams

Jul 28, 2007
Handy Item That Might Be Useful to Some

I have a database of nearly 200 people that I would like to have phone numbers readily available for. I do not, however, want to add these people into my address book or contacts. They are fairly temporary.

So, here's what I did. I exported a list of names with phone numbers to a text file, copied it into a mail message, and emailed it to myself. So, now in my phone's email folder I have a file with my whole list of names with phone numbers right next to each one. The beauty to this is all I have to do is tap once on the number next to the name and a call is immediately made. Neat.

I'm sure this could have other applications as well.
My 2 cents...

DJ Indy

Jul 27, 2007
Arizona
if i download it from google video and then i close it where can i find it? cause i did it but i didn't find it
It doesn't actually download on your phone. It just opens the video in a player and streams it via quicktime. The video should play shortly after you click the download button.

beerman667

Jul 29, 2007
South Florida
For my 1st post, I have to say thanks to all the folks that have posted all these great tips. I got my phone last night and used many of the tips to get started.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I have a database of nearly 200 people that I would like to have phone numbers readily available for. I do not, however, want to add these people into my address book or contacts. They are fairly temporary.

So, here's what I did. I exported a list of names with phone numbers to a text file, copied it into a mail message, and emailed it to myself. So, now in my phone's email folder I have a file with my whole list of names with phone numbers right next to each one. The beauty to this is all I have to do is tap once on the number next to the name and a call is immediately made. Neat.

I'm sure this could have other applications as well.
My 2 cents...
awesomest, bestest tip thus far for this guy! Thanks. I've been stuck in an old OS 9 beauty of a roladex called TouchBase Pro that I've used since early '90's and has over a thousand contacts in it. Still have not figured a way to cleanly export them over to Address Book and even if I could now I have more of a mess cause of duplicates as these same contacts email addys are in Address book but not their phones, streets, etc. TBP sorts so beautifully and simply, much better than Address Book, just have not been able to wean off it. I know, I know -- but right now only one of my 7 active Macs runs intel chip so I'm still OK. But the day is coming........

Great Tip, solves bunch of my problemos....... even the phone numbers entered with a 1- in front of them worked fine which kind of shocked me so don't ahve to edit those out.

martinel_13

Jun 23, 2007
iPhone keyboard

when I'm tipyng something on my iPhone wheter if its on safari or notes the sound of tge tipying does work or i cant hear it