too much pressure for the iPhone HD?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I really hope this is the year the competition really pushes Apple to make a kickass upgrade.

But what I am fearful of is that Apple doesn't necessarily want to pack all of those specs into an iPhone just because everyone else is doing it. There has to be a reason for it: multitasking, video chats... Something they can spin. In other words "more ghz, ram, screen" may get us geeks excited, but that alone won't sell more iPhones to the average users.

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
When I saw the EVO my jaw dropped I was actually ready and willing to move over to sprint. The 4G network, cheaper plans and The Evo just speaks for itself. It comes with it's own kickstand I mean, Wow seriously. Though the phone is amazing I am an Apple fan boy. I cannot give up on them. I know for the iPhone 4G, HD, or HD 2 Turbo (Street fighter Reference); whatever they decide to call it, I know it'll be another game changer.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
When I saw the EVO my jaw dropped I was actually ready and willing to move over to sprint. The 4G network, cheaper plans and The Evo just speaks for itself. It comes with it's own kickstand I mean, Wow seriously. Though the phone is amazing I am an Apple fan boy. I cannot give up on them. I know for the iPhone 4G, HD, or HD 2 Turbo (Street fighter Reference); whatever they decide to call it, I know it'll be another game changer.
I'm pretty much EXACTLY where you are. I'm in San Diego though, and there are no plans to give us 4G coverage any time soon (3G has always been plenty fast for me honestly, even tethered to my laptop) and I STILL want the EVO.

I love the kickstand. I LOVE the cameras (front facing... SKYPE!). I love OPEN Android. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the screen size!

That's the big point... will they be able to make the screen size of the next iPhone larger? They've kind of committed to at least the current ratio (with the release of the iPad) and I don't know how smoothly they could make apps that adjust to an iPhone screen as we know it now, and a new slightly bigger iPhone HD screen.

Anyway, I'm excited to see what Apple pulls out.

serialtoon

Apr 12, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think people with little or no iPhone experience will be easier to purchase one of several different phones while iPhone users will tend to not be satisfied with anything other than an iPhone for one reason: the iPhone "Just Works"
This is very true. Even though i tend to side on Android because it has been absolutely revolutionary for ME. But people who aren't nerds tend to want reliable phones and for that we have iPhone. So i wouldn't worry too much about it.