Traded in my Palm Pre for an iPhone 3GS

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Apple is concerned with $$$. The more devices that intergrate with iTunes. The more $$$ Apple makes. You guys kill me with your thinking. Why didn't Apple patch it on the last update. Everytime someone mentions a great function about the Pre it sends chills down you guys spine. Apple is not going to patch anything.

And to the poster who mentioned Rubenstein. Think about what you said "Former Employee". All that matters is now not what happened yesterday or five or ten years ago. He's a Palm employee now. So hate on while I enjoy the best of both worlds (HaHa). Mark:cool:

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Take Notice Palm Pre Haters:
The Palm Pre's intergration with iTunes is so wonderful. I was just syncing my 3GS to iTunes and thought I want to also change a few things on my Pre. I figured while iTunes is already open what better time to sync the Pre. I finished syncing the 3GS, unplugged the USB cord and plugged in the Pre's USB cord. As always iTunes immediately "saw" the Pre and I began my sync process of music, photo's and video. Wow what a great deal two great devices managed in one great program (iTunes). Such an effortless, time saving task instead of fiddling around with two different programs. Ahh yes life is great! :eek:k:eek:k

BTW: To all that say the Pre sucks. I say jealousy will get you no where:sneaky:

No way does the Pre suck. It is a very nice device. I think the second best out there. It has a lot nicer size/form factor than the wide slab iPhone. It just is a lousy music/media player which if you truly want to have an all in one device, just doesn't cut it.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
No way does the Pre suck. It is a very nice device. I think the second best out there. It has a lot nicer size/form factor than the wide slab iPhone. It just is a lousy music/media player which if you truly want to have an all in one device, just doesn't cut it.
I will agree that the sound quality does not match the iPhone. However Palm has not had as much experience in the mp3 market as Apple has. The Pre's music player is good enough t to get by with though. I don't buy Phone's/PDA's for their music players anyway that's just a bonus in my book. Mark

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Apple is concerned with $$$. The more devices that intergrate with iTunes. The more $$$ Apple makes. You guys kill me with your thinking. Why didn't Apple patch it on the last update. Everytime someone mentions a great function about the Pre it sends chills down you guys spine. Apple is not going to patch anything.

And to the poster who mentioned Rubenstein. Think about what you said "Former Employee". All that matters is now not what happened yesterday or five or ten years ago. He's a Palm employee now. So hate on while I enjoy the best of both worlds (HaHa). Mark:cool:
You do have a good point that they might not patch it because it could make them more money, but I'm sure they are looking into what they want to do. The selling point of the Pre syncing to iTunes is so you can make an easy transition to the Pre from your iPhone and that is where I see them patching it. The current iTunes version came out before the Pre so they had no time or an actual device to patch it. If they do patch it they will make sure they block as many holes that they can so Pam can't open the door back up.

The reason I mentioned him being a former employee is because Apple is where the ease of use and knowledge came from. If he didn't work for Apple the Pre wouldn't be what it is today or there might not even be a Pre. I'm not hating on the Pre just bringing up some points. I think the Pre is a great device(never even used, touched, or seen one) but it's just not a device I want.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Have you seen the attitude and misinformation in the everythingpre forum? It makes us look like amateurs.

And have you thought that perhaps you kill us with your thinking?
Yes I have thought of that. Why do you think I enjoy posting here so much. Like the Bee Gees said in the song Nights On Broadway "Here we are in the room full of strangers,
Standing in the dark where your eyes couldnt see me" that's how I feel here at EIC sometime. Mark

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
You do have a good point that they might not patch it because it could make them more money, but I'm sure they are looking into what they want to do. The selling point of the Pre syncing to iTunes is so you can make an easy transition to the Pre from your iPhone and that is where I see them patching it. The current iTunes version came out before the Pre so they had no time or an actual device to patch it. If they do patch it they will make sure they block as many holes that they can so Pam can't open the door back up.

The reason I mentioned him being a former employee is because Apple is where the ease of use and knowledge came from. If he didn't work for Apple the Pre wouldn't be what it is today or there might not even be a Pre. I'm not hating on the Pre just bringing up some points. I think the Pre is a great device(never even used, touched, or seen one) but it's just not a device I want.
Apple comes out with a new version of iTunes almost weekly now (starting to be a pain in the butt) believe me if they wanted to patch it, it would have been patched by now. In the event Apple does patch it. I will just load content to the Pre via doubleTwist or as a USB drive. I just can't see it happening though. As great a device as the Pre is it is not as great as the iPhone. Apple I'm sure feels no threat from the Pre. Furthermore most iPhone owners past and present are not going to give up their iPhone for a Pre. Heck Steve Jobs is probably laughing at how he's also raking in cash from the competition. Mark

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Apple comes out with a new version of iTunes almost weekly now (starting to be a pain in the butt) believe me if they wanted to patch it, it would have been patched by now. In the event Apple does patch it. I will just load content to the Pre via doubleTwist or as a USB drive. I just can't see it happening though. As great a device as the Pre is it is not as great as the iPhone. Apple I'm sure feels no threat from the Pre. Furthermore most iPhone owners past and present are not going to give up their iPhone for a Pre. Heck Steve Jobs is probably laughing at how he's also raking in cash from the competition. Mark
Well, the Pre is certainly no slouch, but let them use their own software. They need their own "ecosystem" just like any other phone.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
We are still on iTunes 8.2, the one released on June 1st, they do not update weekly. That's all I am saying, it is a great device but nothing like the iPhone. Apple isn't threatened but probably will push them a little to get something like background processes into the OS. You got me I won't give my iPhone up especially when Sprint coverage isn't that great where I am and AT&T is amazing, but that's not the only reason.
I know wikipedia isn't the most reliable but this is the best list and I do know for a fact we are still on iTunes 8.2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/iTunes_version_history#Version_history

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Now that all music is DRM free there is no logical reason for Apple to block any device from working with iTunes. If anything they should probably be welcoming devices that would sync with it. I'm sure they are more concerned with music sales than keeping iTunes syncing exclusive to the iPhone. The iPhone sales well enough and I doubt Apple is worried about losing users to the pre just because it "semi" syncs through iTunes. The contact syncing is still not there. Any Apple fans who sit here hoping they patch iTunes to nix the pre's syncing capability obviously would rather live in an anticompetitive society. Competition for Apple only helps us in the end. Besides I'd be pissed if Apple is worrying about this instead of things like improving battery life or multitasking

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Mark,

I'm at least your age, I'm sure, but I won't trade insults with you. I'd like go think I've outgrown most of that.
Kevin
Mr. PhoneApart,

Don't get all sensitive on me. I would never insult you. My comment was a general statement (not even directed at you) and was for the purpose of humor only not to hurt anyone. I am truly sorry if I offended you or anyone else. It was only a joke. Mark

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
We are still on iTunes 8.2, the one released on June 1st, they do not update weekly. That's all I am saying, it is a great device but nothing like the iPhone. Apple isn't threatened but probably will push them a little to get something like background processes into the OS. You got me I won't give my iPhone up especially when Sprint coverage isn't that great where I am and AT&T is amazing, but that's not the only reason.
I know wikipedia isn't the most reliable but this is the best list and I do know for a fact we are still on iTunes 8.2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/iTunes_version_history#Version_history
OMG don't be so technical. I said every week as in often enough. I'm sure everyone except for maybe you understood the point I was making. My God you have been busy since March 2009 1600+ posts, wow! Mark

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
OMG don't be so technical. I said every week as in often enough. I'm sure everyone except for maybe you understood the point I was making. My God you have been busy since March 2009 1600+ posts, wow! Mark
I wasn't being technical, but just didn't get the point. They still don't update that often and if they wanted to patch it I'm sure it would have been by now, that's the point I think you were making. I know 90% of those posts were probably in the software forum because of the 3.0 betas. 1600+ since march is a little ridiculous :)

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I wasn't being technical, but just didn't get the point. They still don't update that often and if they wanted to patch it I'm sure it would have been by now, that's the point I think you were making. I know 90% of those posts were probably in the software forum because of the 3.0 betas. 1600+ since march is a little ridiculous :)
If 3.1 is that great that it made you post like that. I can't wait to have it on my phone it must be wonderful. LOL, Mark

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
If 3.1 is that great that it made you post like that. I can't wait to have it on my phone it must be wonderful. LOL, Mark
Well I had my 3G on 3.0 a day or two after it came out. I bet my join date was a few days after the 3.0 keynote because I had trouble installing 3.0 and was without my iPhone for a few days, so I wanted to be a part of this site just in case I ran into more problems.