Tutorial : Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with blackra1n

T

Tothemobile

Here is the Tutorial for Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with blackra1n

WARNING: GeoHot jailbreak supports 3.1.2 do not update if you are on iPhone OS 3.0.1 or 3.0. Warning 3g and 3gs unlockers, do not upgrade to 3.1.2 using iTunes if you want to keep your unlock. Baseband cannot be downgraded. This one is Only Jailbreak not the Unlock. It worked on iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS.

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
I think someone needs to make a sticky about 3.1.2 jailbreak and its warnings. People aren't getting it when it's in pure black and white!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's hard to feel sorry for someone that isn't willing to do a few minutes of research.

K

kobeshaneisback!

yeah...worked great for me on a 3.1.1 2nd gen iPod Touch.Can I use pda net?

xxDharmaxx

Jul 6, 2009
because i am slow i want to make sure i get this right,

I have 3G 16g running the 3.0.1 JB with Redsn0w. If i use blackrain does that mean i will be able to jailbreak my iPhone and get the new features like mms video and pic messaging? I just want to make sure before i use the link to re jailbreak my iPhone

K

kobeshaneisback!

I have 3G 16g running the 3.0.1 JB with Redsn0w. If i use blackrain does that mean i will be able to jailbreak my iPhone and get the new features like mms video and pic messaging? I just want to make sure before i use the link to re jailbreak my iPhone
ell yes and no...If you update from iTunes to 3.1.2 and then jb I think u get all the features

your ten year old helper

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

Update iTunes, restore to factory settings and update to 3.1.2, then run blackra1n.
You can back up your apps with Chronus and PkgBackup before restoring. MMS will work as soon as you update to 3.1.2

xxDharmaxx

Jul 6, 2009
Update iTunes, restore to factory settings and update to 3.1.2, run blackra1n.
You can back up your apps with Chronus and PkgBackup before restoring. MMS will work as soon as you update to 3.1.2
Ok just to make sure i am understanding

1. Plug my iPhone into iTunes when i tunes asks me if i want to update to the latest click on yes!
2. after i am updated to the latest iTunes update i need to follow the Jb using blackrain! I should now be able to send and rec pic messages right?

what does it mean when people say this is not the unlock?

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
Ok just to make sure i am understanding

1. Plug my iPhone into iTunes when i tunes asks me if i want to update to the latest click on yes!
2. after i am updated to the latest iTunes update i need to follow the Jb using blackrain! I should now be able to send and rec pic messages right?

what does it mean when people say this is not the unlock?
With this jailbreak it will not allow you to use your phone on any other network besides AT&T. You must be on AT&Ts network for this to work with a valid SIM card.

As previously stated, you MUST be on 3.1.2 in order to jailbreak.

K

kobeshaneisback!

Yes You`re correct.That should work.And europa, thanks for making my post make sense!And an unlock makes your iPhone be capable of going on another carrier

RPMSTL

Bronze
Jun 22, 2009
With this jailbreak it will not allow you to use your phone on any other network besides AT&T. You must be on AT&Ts network for this to work with a valid SIM card.

As previously stated, you MUST be on 3.1.2 in order to jailbreak.
Blackra1n works fine with 3.1 and 3.12

arboyle

Jun 21, 2009
I'm at 3.0.1 and am going to restore as a new phone, then upgrade to 3.1.2. When I resync in iTunes will that bring everything back besides the Cydia apps (which I will use aptbackup for)?