typical file sizes?

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
The real question is how quickly do you want to run out of space... 6 months down the road or 8? ;)

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
i specifically said, and even titled the post, "typical file sizes"... so i was looking for a simple, general answer. i expected that anyone with any common sense who read the post would assume that i knew there were other factors that come into play.

Hey Lenny,
Keep in mind when making your decision that there is no way to add or upgrade, so which ever unit you purchase you will be stuck with until you purchase a whole new unit. Plus the fact that the iPhone OSX is utilizing a portion of your flash for the OS (And additional add-on programs, and web browser cache, etc etc) the decision of which to buy becomes a no-brainer for me. I hope this helps with your decision! Wish me luck on getting on on the 29th, I'll be standing in line for hours just to get one of these babies! Oh, and if they are out of the 8gb model and only have 4gb ones left, I'll probably pass and try my luck online.

Good Luck to Everyone!

Rich

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
is it possible that maybe Apple puts osx in there, puts all the widgets and other apps, then on top of that they promise 4 or 8gigs of guaranteed free space?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
is it possible that maybe Apple puts osx in there, puts all the widgets and other apps, then on top of that they promise 4 or 8gigs of guaranteed free space?
Hmm, doubtful just because it would save on physical space taken up by drives, but then again, it would also make it easier to "default" all settings and such, if the OS is stored elsewhere.... like, "FORMAT", only the OS and apps would remain.. all custom-installed aftermarket stuff would be deleted. (3rd party apps, music, pics, etc.)

lennyboss

Jun 13, 2007
Hey Lenny,
Keep in mind when making your decision that there is no way to add or upgrade, so which ever unit you purchase you will be stuck with until you purchase a whole new unit. Plus the fact that the iPhone OSX is utilizing a portion of your flash for the OS (And additional add-on programs, and web browser cache, etc etc) the decision of which to buy becomes a no-brainer for me. I hope this helps with your decision! Wish me luck on getting on on the 29th, I'll be standing in line for hours just to get one of these babies! Oh, and if they are out of the 8gb model and only have 4gb ones left, I'll probably pass and try my luck online.

Good Luck to Everyone!

Rich
thanks for the insightful (and pleasant) reply Rich. and good luck!