Untethered jailbreak released!

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
OMG I got it to work!.....I think. There's a pinApple guy on my screen and it says installing bundles. Never got this far before!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
OMG I got it to work!.....I think. There's a pinApple guy on my screen and it says installing bundles. Never got this far before!
Did you get it to work? The pineApple bloke screen is when Redsn0w starts running and installs Cydia.

Are you happier now?

teefar

Bronze
Mar 13, 2009
I just ran greenpois0n a second time and I was able to download Cydia with no problem.

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Chronic is promising the windows version by the end of this weekend. I'll try it out on my kids iPhone 4 before mine.
I'll finally be able to use find my iPhone on more then one phone.
iPhone 4 4.2
iPhone 4 4.1 jb
I3Gs 4.0 jb

I half want to just wait for 4.3 now....

dapurplenurple

Bronze
Jul 8, 2009
I was able to JB my iPhone 4 after several attempts but was having no luck whatsoever with GP 5.2 on my iPad. Kept getting the "failed :-(" message. Found the following set of instructions and it worked first attempt. I didn't even have to load Redsnow as Cydia came up on the first attempt on running the Loader.app. Hope this helps someone else!

1. Make sure you're using Greenpois0n RC5_2
2. Make sure device is connected to your Mac
3. Open Terminal
4. Type "cd Desktop" without quotes and hit enter
5. Type "open Greenpois0n.app/Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n" without quotes and hit enter. A second Terminal window will open and Greenpois0n will start
6. Follow the instructions in Greenpois0n to enter DFU mode and it will jailbreak
7. Once jailbroken, a green "Loader" will be added to your device. This is supposed to allow you to install Cydia, but mine would not. If yours is the same, go to step 8
8. Turn off your device
9. Open Redsn0w 0.9.7b6
10. Make sure the only option checked is "Install Cydia"
11. Follow the instructions in Redsnow
12. Voila! Cydia is installed, and you have an untethered 4.2.1 jailbroken device!

The above instructions came from a macrumors.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
My sleep button broke so I had to take my iPhone 4 to the Apple Store for a replacement. As I expected, 4.2.1 was installed on it. I just jailbroke it now and I'm downloading the IPSW to use with redsn0w to install Cydia.

I'll tell you guys how it goes.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I've now successfuly jailbroken both my iPhone 4 and my iPad with greenpois0n. It took awhile yesterday to download Cydia on my iPad, but the iPhone 4 jailbrake today went extremely fast. Looks like greenpois0n is now ready for primetime and the Cydia servers are also ready.

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
So in order to successfuly j/b, I need to run Greenpois0n AND redsn0w? wtf
I did my iPad last night and it worked fine, although the loader piece to install Cydia kept failing until it finally worked. Gonna do my iPhone soon.