Update to app showing as not available?

RLK

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Indialantic, FL
I have noticed an update available to the G-Park application dated 7/22. On my iPhone, it says all applications are up to date. I know that from the iPhone I can not re-install the application. So, while I am at work and away from my home iTunes, how can I get the update to download and install?

theoria

Jul 18, 2008
I have noticed an update available to the G-Park application dated 7/22. On my iPhone, it says all applications are up to date. I know that from the iPhone I can not re-install the application. So, while I am at work and away from my home iTunes, how can I get the update to download and install?
I'm not sure if this is the problem, but I would double check that your phone's app store isn't just caching some old update information. I normally poke around the store a minute and load something I haven't loaded in a while (like do a new search, or reload the top apps). Sometimes doing this triggers the update on my phone.

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
I notice the same thing with my iPhone app store. I do not get any updates. I do all my updates through the iTunes store. I you want to update from your iPhone, just delete the app and reinstall it. You will not be charged again for the re install.

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC

You paid for g-park? you do know that you can simply drop a pin at your current location (where car is parked) in google maps and navigate back to the pin?

With that said, back to your post, the app store is still a bit buggy where it might say updates available when in fact no update is available. This seems more prevalent in the desktop iTunes then the iPhone app store. The real way to know if an update is available is by looking at version numbers in the application in the app store, and if it has been updated to say, 1.0.1 or such then there is an update available. I have noticed that sometimes this will be reflected when you click update and sometimes not. I suspect this might have to do with multiple servers and depending on which one you hit, that server may not have been updated with the update, hence the inconsistency.

hope that helps

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
I notice the same thing with my iPhone app store. I do not get any updates. I do all my updates through the iTunes store. If you want to update from your iPhone, just delete the app and reinstall it. You will not be charged again for the re install.
Wow quoting my self.... this is for an update in case others are having this issue.

I deleted all my old backups in iTunes and did a restore on my phone. This has fixed the issue. My app store on my iPhone is now getting updates.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
last night i noticed updates available on my phone for splash id, aurora feint and pandora radio.. i decided to wait until morning and do it on my computer since i was already getting into bed.

well this morning came and all the update notifications disappeared and i had to manually update them from iTunes