Upgrading to iPhone 6 or hanging on to the iPhone 5?

Upgrading to iPhone 6 or Hanging on to the iPhone 5?

• Upgrading

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Hanging on to the iPhone 5.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
I'm not sure if I will be upgrading to the 6 yet. I'm enjoying my 5 and the size of it is great for me. It's still very speedy so a faster larger phone isn't a hard seller for me. If it blows me away I may think about purchasing the iPhone 6 in the smallest screen size available. My last phone was a 3G before I got my 5 so I have a history of holding out for a couple generation cycles before I take the leap. LOL.

ForeverDev

Jul 29, 2014
Are you able to upgrade a 5, 5c, and a 5s? Or is it just the iPhone 5?

~ Never stop improving

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Are you able to upgrade a 5, 5c, and a 5s? Or is it just the iPhone 5?

~ Never stop improving
Upgrade just means a different phone. Usually it's a better or newer phone. You can upgrade any past or current phone to the iPhone 6 when it's released. That includes the 5, 5s, and 5c.

Sassytallsista

Contributor
Bronze
May 22, 2010
Texas
Upgrading my nokia lumina 925(work phone) to the iPhone 6 and keeping my 5s.

Last edited by a moderator:

jalalawi

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
I will upgrade after 6 moths to 1 year from the date available in the market to get a reasonable package from the providers.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
I have an iPhone 5 and internal speaker is goosed (have to have caller on loud speaker or have ear phones on me 24/7) so safe to say roll on September!

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I might but if the phone isn't bigger (wider, not taller) I'm jumping ship to the Samsung Galaxy S5... :( I've upgraded every year since Verizon got the iPhone... Debating this time around...

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
I might but if the phone isn't bigger (wider, not taller) I'm jumping ship to the Samsung Galaxy S5... :( I've upgraded every year since Verizon got the iPhone... Debating this time around...

You traitor you !!
Folks get the pitchforks at the ready ;)
Haha

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
I had thought last year that I would start skipping a year. But then the dilemma was, do I get the new model or the "S" model every other year? Since I already had the 5, I decided for the first time to skip the S. It has been a long ass 2 years so I will be upgrading!

Just not sure which way I am going to go yet. I like the idea of a phablet from a screen size perspective, but 4.7 is about as big as I think I will want to go. Guess I will wait and see.

Looks like the "skip a year" nonsense will be a one time anomaly!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Selling my 5s as we speak and going for the 6 hope it's not more expensive than the 5s.
Ps, as long as the note 4 doesn't blow us away with a aluminium body.....

Sent using iCafe app

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
Upgraded!
Honestly I first upgraded to the six and loved it... It was much much nicer!
My daughters 4s was just not working on wifi so I figured Itll be a win win... Now it works lol
But my daughter is thrilled w my old 5s and can't blame her it's still a beautiful phone

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Upgraded!
Honestly I first upgraded to the six and loved it... It was much much nicer!
My daughters 4s was just not working on wifi so I figured Itll be a win win... Now it works lol
But my daughter is thrilled w my old 5s and can't blame her it's still a beautiful phone
I agree with you.. I love my 5s. Very sharp phone and comfortable. I'm still happy I upgraded but there are moments I miss my 5S. Especially at the locations I have to go to when I play pool.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
I agree. I love the 5 the shape of it is great the metal and glass combo works for me (the back glass pieces are nice too). I wasn't exactly ready to upgrade to the 6 yet. So I got a 5S to hold me over till the nxt release. (I may jump on the 6S bandwagon) I don't usually update to the "S" models

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Walked into AT&T to play with the 6 and 6+ again. Spoke with a rep. and they had just received a shipment of 6s and had a silver in 64 gig. Bought it and am loving it. Went from a 5.

Reactions: Napoleon PhoneApart