V-Moda Problem

ERASER

Jan 14, 2007
Man, I hardly ever use these thing & I baby the heck out of them & all of a sudden I have my left side cutting out. Is there a way to repair them ?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
don't do anything yourself to them send them in to vmoda because you have a 1 year warranty. your gonna have to get used to doing this... i used to have v modas vibe duos and every pair only lasted about 2 months before they went out in one ear. after going through 4 pairs i decided i couldnt deal with it anymore and sold my next replacements on ebay for 90 dollars . they were great sounding headphones but they just couldnt last long at all. but i think they actually made a new version that has a different jack that theyll send to you im not sure how those last but theyre supposed to be better
http://www.v-moda.com/our world/contact.aspx
topic warranty.
explain your problem
theyll send you an email in a couple days telling you what to do

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've had mine for about 2 months now. It's fine. I got the chrome Vibe Duos with the microphone.

On the other hand, I don't use it everyday. I only use it when I go walking, working out at the gym and riding the bus.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Ace is right - contact V-Moda and go through their warranty process. My V-Moda's crapped out on me after about 8 months or so, and V-Moda replaced them for me. It did take a while - about a month between the time I sent mine to them and when I received the new pair. I just used my OEM iPhone earbuds during that time, and missed my V-Moda's every day... :(

ERASER

Jan 14, 2007
Hey, that's GREAT ! I just contacted them . .. . macgirl ,how's there weather up there ? I'm from Fitchburg. My Ma is still there .. .. Down in Dallas area now. . .

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Hey, that's GREAT ! I just contacted them . .. . macgirl ,how's there weather up there ? I'm from Fitchburg. My Ma is still there .. .. Down in Dallas area now. . .
Weather's yucky up here! It rained all weekend, but it looks like it will clear up tomorrow. I hate rain - completely jacks up my hair. ;) I lived in Dallas for a short time - it was really hot. :p But I loved the shopping and the clubs!

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I just had the same problem with my vibe-duos. The left side crapped out on my yesterday. I just took mine back to the Apple store, which is where I bought them, and they took them right back for me. Great set of ear phones sound wise and they fit my ears really well too. The guy at the store just said they exchange them all the time, he recommended getting a different pair if it happens again.

coachE

Oct 5, 2008
I got off the phone with vModa about an hour ago. I received a pair of vibes for christmas and sent 3 pair back. The last time was about 3 months ago. There is a new design coming out that supposedly fixes the problems of the left side going out. They are going to send me a set of gun metal in 2 days. I tried to get them to swap me for duos or at least charge me any difference. They won't do it. Said they can't. I don't believe them, but I can't argue anymore. When they work they are great. Anyway, if anyone wants one of the first set of the new duos in gunmetal send me a message and we can work something out. They should work better. I will be selling them to get some iPhone plugs.

coachE

Oct 5, 2008
If anyone wants my vibes new in box send me an email. I enabled my profile to accept emails.

coachE

Oct 5, 2008
A new set of Vibes run $101 on their website. I'll give a discount from that price.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
This morning one side on my vibe duos stopped working.

looks like i'll be sending mine to vmoda soon.

If i purchased the set at an Apple Store, can they reprint my transaction? I have not kept my receipt...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, thanks to the magnificent EIC, i was able to find the review of the headphones and case i bought on exactly the same day last year. Armed with this information, i went into the Apple store, and with about 10 minutes of research (i thought i had paid cash, but actually used a card), one of the employees printed out a receipt for me. I sent them back to vmoda today, so we'll see how long the turnaround is. Hopefully less than a month.

**crosses fingers**

johncalvin

Nov 18, 2010
I've heard a few people mention (on this forum and others) that one of the sides goes out or that both are slowly getting muted. I figured out what the problem was (at least in my case) and the fix was simple, no need to return them! All I did was lift up the tiny metal grill covering the ear pieces with a needle, then using that same needle I scraped up a ton of earwax that had squished through and coagulated on the inside face of the grill, put the grill back on and voilà : Good as new!

One important point: there is a thin layer of glue around the outer edge of the grill. You will inevitably take off a bit of that in the process of scraping off the earwax. I suggest having a glue stick ready and after you're done cleaning, apply a little bit of the glue to your needle, then apply it to the rim of the headphone hole where the grill sits.

Worked like a charm for me; hope it works for you!