I love this phone, BUT it really does piss me off that my friggin' iPhone does not have easy picture messaging when even the most ghetto phones out there support it... it makes my blood boil when I get that "I sent you a multimedia message you can view blah blah blah" and then you have to go through all the BS to even see it...
To receive a MMS is a bit more pain, but all-in-all it's not so bad. Instead receiving a picture as a MMS, you'll receive it as an attachment in a regular email message. To see a picture sent from your family and friend to your iPhone, they must text it or email it to one of your email address/account (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc). After they do so, then you can check the picture with your email account on your iPhone.
- if you like the picture that was sent to you, you now can save it onto your computer once you get home since it the picture is already on your email account
- You're actually still able to see a picture sent to you on your iPhone
The bads: to send a picture this way, you:
- Can't download/save the picture onto the iPhone
- Can't delete that picture email off your email account or remove it from INBOX on your home computer because if you did, you'll no longer be able to view the same picture on your iPhone
- Don't know when your family or friends texted you a MMS unless they text you a separate text to notify you that they've texted a picture to your email account
- Have to check your email and deal with EDGE if you don't have WIFI access
Definitely AVOID the "viewmymessage.com" crap! The username and password crap is annoying and you can't actually log on until 10-15 minutes later until the auto-generated password & username works! Definitely have your family and friends text their pictures to your email account, in this way, you'll be able to view their pictures! If you like the pictures, then go ahead and download and save onto your home laptop and/or desktop.
Remember, once you've deleted that picture email or remove/filed that email into another folder, then you'll no longer be able to view that picture on your iPhone.
Again, I've gotten many "MMS" to my iPhone this way, it's multi-steps, it sucks that it's not the old simple convenient way that we're used to, but hey, we've got an iPhone and we're $600 more in debt! Sweet!
Look at the glass as half full and not half empty.