Well i guess thats it

Mo Lester

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
It is probably for the better but i can respect you effort in trying to help a friend. I never encountered ojsakila or pepe but there seems to be some strong dislike for them. Either way you did what you could and we should all be so lucky to have a friend like u go to bat for us.

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
I can't believe the moderators locked "OPEN LETTER TO EIC from JO via KNK". Why would they lock it? There was a discussion going on with no problems. This is a "discussion" board right?

PS. Good Riddance to OJ...

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I can't believe the moderators locked "OPEN LETTER TO EIC from JO via KNK". Why would they lock it? There was a discussion going on with no problems. This is a "discussion" board right?

Like...can we not, and just say we did?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

Because a decision was made and that thread no longer served a purpose. I respect their decision. They want us to move on, so lets move on.

This thread should also be locked IMO.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Well, I guess not, we could just keep it alive forever and just go on and on and on and on about OJ and Pepe and the reasons they were banned and not allowed to return if you'd rather ;)

I say, lets move on, but that's just my opinion.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Threads are locked when there's nothing left to say. 20 questions with OJ, for example.

Really, though, we just want people to focus their energies into the topics this site was designed for. Social interaction and outgoing personalities will always be here to make this place awesome, but when they become the focal point, the objective of the site gets lost in the riff raff. This is just me speaking here, but I think the other mods and Chris would agree.

Feel free to discuss the decision all you want here, but if you're expecting it to change anything or do anything but bring up bad feelings and more issues, you're fooling yourself. I'd rather move on, personally.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you really believe that we lock threads unreasonably, I suggest you look at this image, a screenshot I took of a thread on the MacThemes forum.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Oh yeah, it's real all right. The staff over there is unbelievable. Here it is, in case you want proof.

The only reason I visit the site is because it's the only place where iPhone themes that are actually of some quality exist. I don't bother posting or otherwise participating in any way.

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
Because a decision was made and that thread no longer served a purpose. I respect their decision. They want us to move on, so lets move on.

This thread should also be locked IMO.
My theory is that as long as people want to discuss something, why would you keep them from discussing something? If you are bored or annoyed or don't care about the discussion, don't read it. Why lock a discussion that is not breaking any rules?

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
Well, I guess not, we could just keep it alive forever and just go on and on and on and on about OJ and Pepe and the reasons they were banned and not allowed to return if you'd rather ;)

I say, lets move on, but that's just my opinion.
How about this. If you don't like the topic, then you can move on and not read any of the threads. That's what I do. If I think a thread is boring or it doesn't interest me, I stop reading it. Your theory that if a thread bores YOU it should be locked is pretty self serving. If OTHER people are interested in keeping a thread alive, why should it be locked because YOU find it annoying?

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
Threads are locked when there's nothing left to say. 20 questions with OJ, for example.

Really, though, we just want people to focus their energies into the topics this site was designed for. Social interaction and outgoing personalities will always be here to make this place awesome, but when they become the focal point, the objective of the site gets lost in the riff raff. This is just me speaking here, but I think the other mods and Chris would agree.

Feel free to discuss the decision all you want here, but if you're expecting it to change anything or do anything but bring up bad feelings and more issues, you're fooling yourself. I'd rather move on, personally.
That's fair. If those are the rules that the people who are doing all the work have set forth, then I can understand that. BTW I was not expecting to change anything. I can live within the rules whatever they are. Doesn't mean I have to like them though:dft008:surprised