What are your thoughts on iOS 7 so far?

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
Not bad. Still getting used to it. Like the control center. Think iRadio is simply a waste, all I have to do is hit shuffle on my songs and I'm good; no need to go look for a "channel". But then I never cared for Pandora either.

Sent using iCafe app

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
I DISLIKE the new icons. They have a cheap feel. I do like the fonts and white space.

The new app switcher was much needed.

Pandora still better than iTunes Radio.

Sent using iCafe app

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I love it, been playing for hours and seriously besides these damn icons, which I won't mention anymore btw HA, I have 100% of what I wanted. The phone is so much faster too. I don't even have the desire to get the 5S.

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
Oh dude how I HATE the new calendar. I want split-screen back. I want to see the calendar and the selected days events.
NOW I tap on a date and it brings me to the day/week view inwhich I always hated and never used.

Oh how I still HATE spotlight search. I never use it, and I cant believe you cant disable it on stock firmware yet. Yet you can disable anything else.. And the swipe up on home screen to get there is so intrusive.

Literally my only two gripes.

Reactions: iBanana

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
Think iRadio is simply a waste, all I have to do is hit shuffle on my songs and I'm good; no need to go look for a "channel". But then I never cared for Pandora either.
yes if you were never into Pandora your not gonna like Apple Radio. Pandora is still the best when it comes to variety and matching what you like (IMO). Spotify radio, Google All Access Radio just don't satisfy me. I will still use Pandora.

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
I like it overall. Love the control center it's about time we got widgets.

I'm not a new fan of the calendar though. I liked how I can see my events below the actual month view and also the list view but do like how I can see future months with a swipe and see into the next month on the same screen

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
yes now i'm forced to have an app called CalenMob, it works ok, and signs into google calendar; but has an UGLY icon..until recently I have never even searched for a calendar in the app store.

Also I just read that Apple removed Panoramic Wallpaper from iOS7! What the hell, that kind of thing is what the software needs. They better be revamping it and release it again.

bjharada

Nov 15, 2012
Anyone know how to get back my custom ringtones and alerts? I seem to have lost them all, even after having to install iTunes 11.1.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Like that I can put newstand in a folder as it is one of the ugliest icons in the new look.

So first peeve, I don't use the PASSCODE LOCK feature and want to return the setup to where the power button opens either the home screen or the active app. Basically, I want to skip the SLIDE TO UNLOCK function. Is this no longer possible?

Also, can I shut the 3D transitions. Makes the unit feel much slower than I'm use to.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Like that I can put newstand in a folder as it is one of the ugliest icons in the new look.

So first peeve, I don't use the PASSCODE LOCK feature and want to return the setup to where the power button opens either the home screen or the active app. Basically, I want to skip the SLIDE TO UNLOCK function. Is this no longer possible?
I don't think that was ever a stock option.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Liking it so far. As stated the new colors and icons will take some getting used to. Less than crazy about (ok, I hate it too) the Calendar app, like @{StatuSChecKa} mentioned. Loving Control Center and the new multitasking. Haven't tried iTunes Radio on the iPhone yet but loving it on the Mac. I always have iTunes open anyway. Now to sync my tones, apps, wallpapers, and tunes and get it situated so I can actually use it instead of just play with it.

Sassytallsista

Contributor
Bronze
May 22, 2010
Texas
I have only been using it for a couple of hours... but here goes

Multiple App Switching
New color scheme
Speed(very noticeable increase on my 4s)
New Siri voice
Itune Radio

Dislikes:
Too much white
Cant resize pics for home/lock screens

Sent using iCafe app

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
Ok that sucks about the not being able to resize wallpapers

The calendar has list view. Press the magnifying glass icon on the too right in month view

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
yes now I'm forced to have an app called CalenMob, it works ok, and signs into google calendar; but has an UGLY icon..until recently I have never even searched for a calendar in the app store.

Also I just read that Apple removed Panoramic Wallpaper from iOS7! What the hell, that kind of thing is what the software needs. They better be revamping it and release it again.
Check out Calendars+

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calendars+-by-readdle/id371434886?mt=8

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
The animations were, at first, jarring but I've gotten used to it by now. I'm using the multitasking bar a lot more. I LOVE iTunes Radio.

I'm not sure if there are any drawbacks right now. Before I do have any battery issues, I selected which apps should have background app refreshes.

Sent using iCafe app

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
I mess the old Siri she was so funny

I like you can add lot more apps to a folder.
You can tell Siri to open setting sounds and etc.

Love the Control Panel

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited: