What can/can't Siri do?

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
A fairly basic function would be turning Bluetooth on or off. I asked and she said she could not turn on Bluetooth. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
If you edit your contact name, with your name as the contact, at the bottom you can add spouse, child, mom, customer, etc and then say call son and she will do it.

So now I say call mom, and she says, which number for Shirley. So edit your contact card first.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app
The only gripe I had there was that I don't need a contact for me in my phone. And if you do have one so you can send your contact info to another phone, then the relationships links get sent also. Other people don't need to know that info. There needs to be a separate area in settings for relationships.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
The only gripe I had there was that I don't need a contact for me in my phone. And if you do have one so you can send your contact info to another phone, then the relationships links get sent also. Other people don't need to know that info. There needs to be a separate area in settings for relationships.
While it is a "workaround" I have two listings in my contacts for me - one that has everything and one that I can share with others.

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
While it is a "workaround" I have two listings in my contacts for me - one that has everything and one that I can share with others.
I must have done the same thing but in my old age forgot because the other night I was sitting there looking at the contacts and wondering why I had 2 contacts for me and I deleted one.

Doah....

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Well, I don't have one. But "search restaurants" would yield the same results on a Galaxy S2. And then you could tell it to navigate to one of them and it would give you turn by turn, spoken instructions. Try that with Siri.
Good luck getting there with the crappy GPS signal the GS phones get. And also hope you have a signal all the way to your destination because you can't store maps onboard.

Android cannot follow a conversation and has no way of understanding context.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318961599.513932.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318961634.060570.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318961662.994751.jpg

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
Good luck getting there with the crappy GPS signal the GS phones get. And also hope you have a signal all the way to your destination because you can't store maps onboard.

Android cannot follow a conversation and has no way of understanding context.
The S2 got a great GPS signal. No complaints there. And the iPhone doesn't have stored maps either. Unless you have a app with maps, which you can also do with the S2.

Siri is no better. There are 2 Holiday Gas Stations in town. I was actually about a mile away from one. And why would it not list the closest gas station first? So understanding context is a little suspect. Here it clearly had no clue and just gave me gas stations.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Siri is no better. There are 2 Holiday Gas Stations in town. I was actually about a mile away from one. And why would it not list the closest gas station first? So understanding context is a little suspect. Here it clearly had no clue and just gave me gas stations.
Why didn't you ask Siri where the closest one is? I guess you expect Siri to read your mind? lol

smh...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318967023.452978.jpg

Attachments