What can/can't Siri do?

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
Well apparently I hit nerve and you think I'm insulting your precious "holiday" gas. Well in fact I'm not. I have never heard of them and will likely never see them anyway. But if I do I might get a gallon or two to make you happy. :)

Michael
Soooooo......just ignore the contradictions? Close your eyes and they aren't there?

Whatever, I am done with you here. You are right, I am wrong. Siri is perfect and the bestest thing on the planet. If she can't find something or answer something then you don't need it.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Soooooo......just ignore the contradictions? Close your eyes and they aren't there?

Whatever, I am done with you here. You are right, I am wrong. Siri is perfect and the bestest thing on the planet. If she can't find something or answer something then you don't need it.
Glad you agree, cupcake. I love you too.

Michael

Reactions: Bennyboy

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I would challenge your buddy to back his claim with proof. Besides different additives.

What's even funnier is that Abner's has been out of businesss for 6 years. Closed. Building torn town. It's a field now.

Here's a strange twist....go into Maps and type in Holiday Gas Station and holy cow...there it is. It's a mid-west thing. Been around for 80 years.
Muddy Paws,

Quick experiment. On a prior post you asked Siri for gas stations and it did not find holiday. In the above screen shot, Maps lists the name as Holiday station store. Ask Siri using that name and see what it returns. Just curious to see the result.

Also, I don't think Siri is perfect, but for a beta piece of software, its pretty impressive.

~S

Last edited by a moderator:

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I have to say I live in Minnesota and Holiday Gas stations are huge. I have ran their gas in my collector cars and a new shelby gt 500 without any problems.
I also have the same problem with Siri finding holiday gas stations, I think the word "holiday" throws it off.

I look at it as this is just the beginning for Siri, I love it and have pretty good luck with it, ESPECIALLY texting while driving:)

Tom

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
If you ask for a specific location she will find it

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
WTF.....my Siri is retarded. I said the same thing and it said it found 4 gas stations. None are Holiday. LOL I give up.

On a side note, has anyone noticed less "unable to connect to network"? I don't think I have gotten that message in 2 days now.

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
I have to say I live in Minnesota and Holiday Gas stations are huge. I have ran their gas in my collector cars and a new shelby gt 500 without any problems.
I also have the same problem with Siri finding holiday gas stations, I think the word "holiday" throws it off.

I look at it as this is just the beginning for Siri, I love it and have pretty good luck with it, ESPECIALLY texting while driving:)

Tom
Agree on texting while driving.

But why would holiday throw it off? because it's kind of a generic word? if so, how is it any less generic than something like shell?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.

Tom
did you look at my picture ? She finds it

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I did but when I asked her just like you but inserted my city she didn't find it. I'm going to divorce her and get a younger, hotter Siri.
my Siri calls me mom (she couldn't pronounce my name right)
but I teach her imutterlangauge an she has been great
I also did not allow anyone else to talk to her
if you turn it off and on she resets that may help

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
Just found out she can create reminders but not delete them? I told her to delete one today and she said she was not allowed.