What can/can't Siri do?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I don't know how long this one will last but right now Siri can reboot iPhone by saying "restart" if you are at the springboard. I have timed compared to a manual reboot and it is noticeably faster so it is apparently a respring not complete reboot.

Pretty kewl!

Michael

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I don't know how long this one will last but right now Siri can reboot iPhone by saying "restart" if you are at the springboard. I have timed compared to a manual reboot and it is noticeably faster so it is apparently a respring not complete reboot.

Pretty kewl!

Michael
THAT is a great find indeed! Thanks for the tip.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
OK Siri teased me with "reboot." lol

Me: Reboot
Siri: Thinking...
Siri: One moment...
Siri: I'll be right with you...
Siri: Sorry, Michael, I couldn't do it. Could you try it again, please?

So I think she understood what I wanted to do but just can't do the reboot. If I word it like "reboot iPhone" she just says she does not understand.

Michael

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Siri's voice dictation is in beta, not Siri on the whole.
I'm rather certain it is Siri that is in beta.

The voice recognition part is from Nuance, makers of Dragon Dictate et all, and I don't think that part is in beta. It's the AI and overall aspect of what Siri can understand, and act on, that is in beta.

Michael

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
Because thats what Apple said during the Keynote, that Siri was still a beta.

~S
Siri's voice dictation is in beta, not Siri on the whole.
It has been said by many many people on this site....usually when someone says anything even remotely negative about Siri or mentions that it got something wrong or it couldn't do something they wanted it to do or generally any statement that isn't "Siri is the greatest thing since the invention of air."....that Sir is beta and it will only get better.

Either that or it's from the Apple Website that says.....and I quote:

Siri is currently in beta and we’ll continue to improve it over time.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I'm rather certain it is Siri that is in beta.

The voice recognition part is from Nuance, makers of Dragon Dictate et all, and I don't think that part is in beta. It's the AI and overall aspect of what Siri can understand, and act on, that is in beta.

Michael
Hmm, is this a first :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
It has been said by many many people on this site....usually when someone says anything even remotely negative about Siri or mentions that it got something wrong or it couldn't do something they wanted it to do or generally any statement that isn't "Siri is the greatest thing since the invention of air."....that Sir is beta and it will only get better.

Either that or it's from the Apple Website that says.....and I quote:

Ok, thanks for the smartass correction.

Reactions: Rugaby

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Haven't watched the while video, but assume you guys will like it.
Apple Ad for Siri.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk