What can't I do with iPad?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I make phone calls with my iPad using Whistle Phone. It's free for USA but you have to listen to a short ad before call is made (like 10 or 15 seconds). Incoming calls do not get the ad of course. But it works rather well. I would assume skype would too, as well as TextFree Voice, Second Line, etc.

When my iPhone is going to be down for a while such as during a restore process and re-jailbreak, and I am not near an easy-to-forward-to landline, I have my iPhone calls forwarded to my Whistle Phone number and take calls with iPad. The iPad will work with the iphone-compatible headsets. Or I just use it as a speakerphone on the iPad, sans headset.

Michael
Wow, that's cool. I'm going to give it a try. I don't know what happened to Thanks button, I don't see one anymore, but thanks! :eek:k:eek:k

bikerboy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Ohio, USA
I used to use TextFree on my iPhone and now use TextNow to send texts to my international friends. I use the Google App for USA texts. I could use TextNow for all of my texts and it would be fine but I'm just trying to do everything with my Google Voice number. You should try TextNow it's free too.

Can you make Skype calls with the iPad?
how do you international text using text now ? how do you change the number ?
do you use +1 or +11 or just regular international code ?
thanks

bikerboy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Ohio, USA
I am trying to send a re t over seas and it doesn't go through , tried all codes way I know , is it like 00and the international code ? Or + or 011 ?

Geo

Bronze
Mar 9, 2008
The other day, I found myself poking at the screen of my laptop, as if I wanted to open a file or document. I felt a bit silly. But that would be a nice next step Apple. (copyright this idea i did)

greenyoga

Bronze
Nov 30, 2012
It is kind of weird picking up your iPhone after the iPad. I have found that I don't use my iPhone much at all after getting an iPad. It's very much the second cousin.
I prefer the iPad too, i even regret buying an iPhone now.

Lisa22

Bronze
Dec 6, 2012
South Elgin, Illinois
I had considered dropping down to a dumbphone, too. But I haven't seen a nice one anywhere and I'm granadfathered into the emergency only cheapy data plan for 15 bucks a month, so I'll probably never give that up.