What did you Cook today?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Working on some slow-cooked smothered pork chops. To be served with egg noodles.
Looks good! I am certain would devour just about everything you have posted here to date, Dave. Interesting since, presentation-wise, this thread is not chockfull of the suddenly-needed 4" x 10" plates strewn with a few ounces of anything edible, then drizzled with a zig zag of sauce, more liked for its color than taste. Instead, just down home goodness. :)

Michael

Reactions: psylichon

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Thanks! Yeah, I'm definitely into simple presentations of comfort food. I can't do the super pretty thing.

Here's my birthday meal last night. Today's the actual day, but I have to work tonight.

image.jpg

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Chicken cutlets were dried thoroughly, seasoned with salt and pepper, and dredged in egg and panko and allowed to sit for 20 minutes to form crust. Pan fried in cast iron on the grill (in canola oil and butter) for even browning and then tossed in an oven at 325 for about 10 minutes to finish. Sauce was 1 cup white wine, 1/2 cup of water, 2 cups-worth of chicken boullion, a tbsp of poultry herbs (thyme, rosemary, sage, etc), and a flour slurry (about a half cup of flour blended with a half cup of water) to thicken. Finish the sauce with a tbsp butter and fresh parsley.

Green beans were tossed in the hot cast iron on the grill with leftover chicken bits and butter. Rice was from a box. :)

Reactions: Europa