What did you Cook today?

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
HomeMade Chicken and Dumplins cornbread and purple hull peas seasoned with fatback. Yeah I'm a straight up countryboy born and raised in the mornin I'm cookin fresh eggs straight from under the hen, home made buttermilk biscuits and deer sausage gravy

Love Me Or Hate Me I'm A TechnoGeek, And I Will Express My Opinion! That's What Forums Are For! Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app!YaHoo!

ericsinsideout

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
oh yeah, it always comes out of the oven looking black and like it's gonna take forever to clean, but usually, as long as there's nothing heavy burnt on or something caked on the bottom, I can usually just wipe it clean with nothing more than a little soapy water and my dish scrubbing brush.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Ever try cookin a burried pig pit grillin surprisingly good. Had a chance to try it several years ago when I had some neighbors from Mexico.

Love Me Or Hate Me I'm A TechnoGeek, And I Will Express My Opinion! That's What Forums Are For! Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app!YaHoo!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That's some crazy barbecuing. Never tried it personally, although I did help roast a goat on a giant rotisserie over a wood fire once.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
It was on a hole with embers and I watched them start diggin it up literally but got distracted, when I went back to where they was diggin they was pullin a whole pig out the ground fully cooked

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Wow is that as thick as it looks in the picture? Almost looks like a cube of 'sagna!

Got a recipe? I want to make fresh pasta lasagna soon...

Woofus

Silver
Wow is that as thick as it looks in the picture? Almost looks like a cube of 'sagna!

Got a recipe? I want to make fresh pasta lasagna soon...
Got a new Pyrex dish. Yep, pretty thick. :)

I really don't have a recipe. I typically make a big giant pot of sauce every couple months and freeze it. This week I got bored and decided to throw together a lasagna.

Sauce, ricotta, mozzarella, pasta, provolone, garlic... Normal stuff.