iPhone 6s What do you think of the iPhone 6s? Any big differences?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I have to return my new phone. The Bluetooth does not work! I had to restore as new today, but it didn't help. Apple said they will refund me and I can order another one! Huh? Like they have plenty of 64 gb space gray 6s Plus lying around. So I'll wait until stock comes in at the Huntsville store 80 miles away. Then go swap out. Geezer! The nice Apple lady felt sorry for me and is sending me a black Apple leather case free! So I bide my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I have to return my new phone. The Bluetooth does not work! I had to restore as new today, but it didn't help. Apple said they will refund me and I can order another one! Huh? Like they have plenty of 64 gb space gray 6s Plus lying around. So I'll wait until stock comes in at the Huntsville store 80 miles away. Then go swap out. Geezer! The nice Apple lady felt sorry for me and is sending me a black Apple leather case free! So I bide my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmmm. I've not checked my BT yet. Better try it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
it's an unusual choice they made with the live wallpapers, especially considering they work exactly as everyone expects on the Apple Watch. They animate for one repetition and land on the still image after that.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the behavior soon.

Submit feedback!
Thanks! I had seen some videos of the watch and I think that's why I was expecting them to be similar on the phone. I'll submit feedback on this.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Got it! After 2 hours of working with it, it finally paired! Whew!!
It failed to pair with my car radio at first. My heart sank and I thought, oh boy, Apple has used a new Bluetooth chip that is not compatible with my software already, I'm going to have to hook up a debugger and figure out what's wrong. Luckily, the next time I tried to pair it, it worked. Bluetooth is a finicky beast.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Apparently the new iPhones may be water-resistant: An hour under water with no adverse effects.

I wonder how many people are going to kill their phones trying this at home. :D

Probably an accidental side effect of cramming the inside of the phones so tightly, nothing can get in, but I bet it's not designed for that.

I saw the ringer switch pop up a couple times, so there's some water getting in somewhere and flipping bits or shorting things.

Reactions: Rafagon

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I wonder how many people are going to kill their phones trying this at home. :D

Probably an accidental side effect of cramming the inside of the phones so tightly, nothing can get in, but I bet it's not designed for that.

I saw the ringer switch pop up a couple times, so there's some water getting in somewhere and flipping bits or shorting things.
Well, you won't see me trying this. My phones have never been near water! Except in a ziplock baggie when I go fishing.

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
I made the jump from the 6 to the 6s Plus and am really enjoying it so far. I mainly wanted a the bigger screen so all the other goodies are just a bonus. I am disappointed with the live wallpapers; they should move automatically when the lock screen is activated.
This is exactly what I'm contemplating. Currently using the iPhone 6 but feeling the gravitational pull of the new 6s+. Using the 6 has gotten me used to a bigger screen so now jumping to a phablet-sized doesn't seem like such a stretch like it used to. The new features of the 6s+ are invading my dreams! I wish my current 6 wasn't so perfect - that would make upgrading an easy call. Availability is really all that's keeping my impulsive side in check right now.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
This is exactly what I'm contemplating. Currently using the iPhone 6 but feeling the gravitational pull of the new 6s+. Using the 6 has gotten me used to a bigger screen so now jumping to a phablet-sized doesn't seem like such a stretch like it used to. The new features of the 6s+ are invading my dreams! I wish my current 6 wasn't so perfect - that would make upgrading an easy call. Availability is really all that's keeping my impulsive side in check right now.
I say if you can do it, do it! At least give it a try and return it if it's not for you. I am absolutely loving the bigger screen and bigger battery. I used this thing all day yesterday and couldn't kill it. The two gigs of RAM is making a huge difference, too.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Try the Reduce Motion option. It may help a bit. I'm enjoying the crap out of this thing. Photos are awesome. Even zooming as close as possible, the camera takes a great pic. 3D Touch is cool as hell. Like Fury said, it's crazy fast, too.
I've been trying it on reduce motion for a while, but all it does is change the animations from zoom to fade. They're still the same duration. (Except for maybe the lock screen -> home screen animation...the fade is definitely faster than the zooming)

I would like the zoom animations fine if they were faster and didn't ignore my touches if I hit an icon before it finishes animating.

Reactions: Napoleon PhoneApart

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I've been trying it on reduce motion for a while, but all it does is change the animations from zoom to fade. They're still the same duration. (Except for maybe the lock screen -> home screen animation...the fade is definitely faster than the zooming)

I would like the zoom animations fine if they were faster and didn't ignore my touches if I hit an icon before it finishes animating.
And that's why I'll always jailbreak my iPhone as long as a jailbreak is available. Those animations are annoying as hell.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
You guys are making me regret not getting one. Why do I read these forums.....?

lol

If I could sell mine. I would seriously go get one. You guys are making me want one. Which overrides my sense of right and wrong.

Reactions: Tattooed Alex

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I hear about the animations every iPhone release and I still either don't know what you are all talking about or I don't even notice it that much to annoy me. It's been the same thing for the last 8 years around here. I just find it amusing.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Apple stated the WiFi is improved so I did a speed test between my iPhone 6s Plus and Note 5 on my 5ghz home network.

iPhone 6s Plus

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443399901.690654.jpg

Galaxy Note 5

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443399986.451647.jpg

Downloads are similar but for some reason, the iPhone 6s Plus has much higher upload speed. Ping is also lower on the iPhone 6s Plus.