What do you want to see in iOS 6?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Would it be crazy or just selfish to ask for a filesystem? I know it won't ever come, but since we're wishing for stuff, I might as well.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Would it be crazy or just selfish to ask for a filesystem? I know it won't ever come, but since we're wishing for stuff, I might as well.
This would most definitely make life easier, and better yet, apps would be able to share the files between them, too!

Peacekepr

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
1. Support for Message delivery reports to non-iphones.

2. Call filtering will be appreciated.

3. Multiple File attachment feature in email is desired.

4. Sub-folders within a folder.
I like your suggestions except i don't think that Message delivery reports to non-iphones is really feasable. Messages sent via SMS or MMS are only delivered as "best effort" by phone cariers and delivery reports is totally carrier dependant. I had this on a nokia and some recipiants carriers would send the report and others not - even carriers that supported it would often fail to report or send a false deliverd report when the SMS was passed to another carrier.
It was basically unuusable.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
iRealSMS.............I love this tweak, to be able to send and receive texts from lockscreen or in any application without having to leave that application..........

and MY3G would be great too

Badfishy

Contributor
Bronze
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
I would like to see a number pad pop up for every and any entry fields that are numerical. Its so hit and miss right now. It would even be nice to have an option on the keyboard to open a number pad

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Just a few things, like others have said, intelliscreenX is a must. I'm not talking like it, but Apple full on buying it up and putting it on the phone stock.

Next would be something like messages+ or biteSMS that lets you respond to a text without having to leave what you're doing.

Finally, folders within folders and expand the limit of 12 apps per folder. Just like folder enhancer does.

For me, that's the main ones. I could live without a JB if I had that, though I would miss SpeakEvents. But why can't Apple just do that already, have Siri tell you that you have an incoming xxx from xxx?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Next would be something like messages+ or biteSMS that lets you respond to a text without having to leave what you're doing.
I've never used biteSMS, but I see countless references and requests for those features within iOS. Maybe Apple will hire the developer and incorporate it into iOS 6. They've done that before, which is better then simply "borrowing it".

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I can't say enough that BiteSMS stinkin' ROCKS! It's the MAIN reason I'm jailbroken. LOVE the functionality...

Intelliscreen X is the other reason for JB...

Reactions: theorioles33

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I've never used biteSMS, but I see countless references and requests for those features within iOS. Maybe Apple will hire the developer and incorporate it into iOS 6. They've done that before, which is better then simply "borrowing it".
I don't use bite, but I use messages+ and it's awesome. Lets say I get a text while typing this, my message banner will stay visible until either I tap it or hit a little black "x" to dismiss it. If I tap on the banner, a semi transparent overlay appears, I can then respond to a text and as soon as I hit send, the overlay disappears and I'm right back to what I was doing, without ever leaving the app I was in.

furndaddy

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
1. The ability to filter/block calls and messages. 2. Group email capability within the mail app. 3. Zooey Deschanel's voice for Siri.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You know, it's almost getting more awkward and "un-apple-like" the longer they go without including a user-accessible file system. The workarounds one needs to do to handle email attachments and such properly are getting downright kludgey at this point. They're trying to warm up to the corporate market, and this functionality would go a long way towards doing that. They could still keep it simple, but there's just gotta be some stock way to access, organize, and manipulate your files eventually.

Reactions: Smarty2600

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Oh, and we really need a global notification disable switch like we had before ... was it 5.0 that got rid of it?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
In Camera Roll, ability to select for sharing via e-mail more than 5 photos. I can select 25 photos and send them to my printer, why not e-mail? I know the carrier$ would love for you to u$e all that data if you happen not to be on Wi-Fi when you do this.

Five icons in the bottom row if you want to.

In Contacts, be able to move fields up and down. I.e. if I add five e-mail addresses for Esmeralda McSwiggenflathers and I want to move the last one I added to the top, I should be able to.

"Sort Name" field for contacts (like in iTunes). The Sort Name wouldn't show up when you scroll up and down your contact list, but would determine where a given contact appears in the list. I have a few Greek contacts and they're all alphabetized (according to the Greek alphabet) at the bottom of the list. But, for example, a Σ in Greek is the equivalent of an S and I would like to see this contact along with my S contacts.

Customizable color of light emitted from the LED flash via a stock app. This could work in conjunction with the music player to flash the LED in various colors to the beat of the song that's playing. Instant strobe light, great for parties.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
1. Ability to block certain phone number..
2. Ability to group contacts to message..
3. Ability to use different stock vibration alerts..
4. Ability to zoom when videotaping..
5. Ability to switch on/off wifi, network, and 3G in pull-down menu..
6. Ability to have stock voice to text..

I'm sure I'll think of a few more, but this is a good start

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
I like your suggestions except i don't think that Message delivery reports to non-iphones is really feasable. Messages sent via SMS or MMS are only delivered as "best effort" by phone cariers and delivery reports is totally carrier dependant. I had this on a nokia and some recipiants carriers would send the report and others not - even carriers that supported it would often fail to report or send a false deliverd report when the SMS was passed to another carrier.
It was basically unuusable.
I think message delivery report works. Most carriers support it and this is must as the sent message doesn't mean it's delivered. It might get lost in the network traffic. If delivery reports r feasible among iPhones then why not with non-iphones?

Sravanikishore

Bronze
Oct 31, 2011
Ability to change the font in msgs
To get the local radio stations like ipod by tuning
Cal filtering

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
The mail app needs a lot of work. For example, it really needs an easy way to send group emails. I recently switched my 73-yr-old father from an 8-yr-old Windows XP laptop to an iPad. How much did it suck when he called up in a panic, unable to do this simple task for his golf group that comprises approximately 40% of his total computing activities? A lot. Septuagenarians really don't dig "workarounds".
Have him try MailShot.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Have him try MailShot.
Thanks for the heads-up, but like I said, I know there are workarounds. Just getting him to understand how to use the stock mail app was an entire weekend of lessons. It's just not so simple for older folks.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
Send pictures from my email box. I mean FROM my email box. Not an application or the pictures folder.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app