What income bracket are you in.. also your age?

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Because I'm interested to see what is driving OTHER people to buy one, and what the current buzz is. I also am interested to hear the buzz because I know some folks at Apple and am interested to see what the public thinks is important, vs. them.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
My birthday is also June 29th Happy Birthday bro! I will be turning 28 and I make 50k a year My contract is up August 3rd ,and am with Verizon aswell. I will miss their service, but not their lousy phones

Happy Bday to you to man.

I guess getting the iPhone is our gift to ourself ! :)

I plan on taking the day off and hitting up one of the 2 Cingular stores here around 3pm or so.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
It really doesn't have anything to do with anyone stealing your information.

What is attractive to people about posting on a forum like this is that we are all equals. Suddenly when you start assigning age and income to people's user names then you establish a hierarchy. It helps keeps everyone's opinions equal when we maintain a certain level of anonymity.

Whether I am 10 or 90 year old, whether I'm on welfare or a self-made millionaire, my opinions are still my own and should be treated as such.

The information on age and income is great to know. But it's just a good idea in a forum to keep that separated from people's user names.

I guess graduating with a marketing degree it peaks my interest as to what demographics this iPhone will cater to. Now i'm sure there will be a little bit off everyone, but i'm curious as to who will be in line with me come the 29th.

ckontyko

Bronze
Mar 14, 2007
I have no idea why people get so weird about what they make... CEO salaries are all published for the world to see. What's the diff? When I was 22 I was making $44K, $55K at 23, $71K + bonus at 26 ... now 30 yrs old. 95K - 110K per year (including and depending on bonus). Not worried about upfront cost- money's in the bank. Worried about monthly data cost, for which money is not in the bank, until I earn it each month.

Esp. if wife and I both get one... she's a full-time Mom, so household income = my income. No way I will pay $80/mo for 2 data plans, let alone $40/mo for one data plan, on top of a monthly voice plan, for 2.5G. Please! :rolleyes:

-CJ