What is the average age of people that have an iPhone?

iBrad

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
hmm

I'm 18. I live on my own with a roommate. I bought an 8gb iPhone. Paying the bill for it as well. Also paying for rent and car insurance, luckily my car is paid for, its a 2001. I do work my ass off, and I LOVE my iPhone.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
43 here.

Should start a poll for this one with age group choices, would be nice. I would do it but I don't want to steal the original poster's thunder.

alexster

Jul 15, 2007
16, freshman in college

I gotta say I think I was one of the first kids to have a cell phone...

I got my first small Nokia going into the 6th grade, when I was 10 (in 2001)

Went through the old Nokia (8xxx I think), color sony ericsson (without a camera, had a camera plugin sold separetly though), LG VX6000, Motorola e815, Razr v3c...

Also went through Pacbell, Cingular, AT&T, Verizon, and now back to AT&T for the iPhone...

Now I'm 16 going into freshman year in college and have an iPhone (almost iDay)...

I don't think you're too young ;)... I wish the iPhone existed when I was in the 9th grade

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
39 going on 24. If my son can stay on the honor roll this upcominig year (freshman in hs), he'll be getting whatever the best model is. I absolutely love my 8g. First time since owning a "smartphone" starting immediately upon release of the Treo 600 that I haven't considered throwing the device off the next bridge I came across!

jaderade

Jul 7, 2007
14 turning 15 soon.

Got mine cause of straight a's freshman year.
my best friend has one too.

We both have 8g and parents pay for the bill.

I love it to death. And the only thing I don't use is stocks.. O.o

And I have the custom buttons on my home.

Honestly i don't think im too young. As long as you know how to use it to its full extent then youre good to go :)

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
if numbers matter

I'm 54, but not for long. My boyfriend is 36 and has an iPhone. My 10 year-old son is happy enough to have my old 3 year-old Treo and my old 4 year-old G5 tower.

i_poo

Aug 9, 2007
This would be better as a poll...

i.e.

5-18

18-21

22-25

25-35

35-45

45-55

55-70

70+

Bannod

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
At the beach, WA
When I saw my son's iPhone, I had to have one. No ifs, ands or buts. I've never lusted over anything as much as I did over that iPhone. I bought the 8g two days later. I'm 52 and should probably have more self-control. :laugh2:

GreenCountry

Aug 10, 2007
I'm 28 going on 40... (because of my job)

I can see where the folks saying "X is too young" are coming from. I look back on how I valued things in hs and even college, and man, it's just crazy in retrospect. Something that was the center of my world back then is just totally irrelevant and not worth the time/energy/money. If I could take back the money I spent on things that I didn't need at the time, I could have gotten a half dozen iPhones...

[/MemoryLane]

Ok let's talk turkey. I don't think the iPhone is really worth it's cost right now at all (yes, I have one, I consciously paid the early-adopter tax because my current phone was horrible, I do need a lot of the internet and extra features, and the timing on my cell contract was right). Within a year or two at the max, the price will drop for a more powerful and capable revision of the iPhone. I remember the first gen iPods costing something like $400 at the low end, and that was just 5 years ago. Now they're half that, for more storage, stability, and features.

If you wait for even just the second revision to come out, you will have a better phone for cheaper (and which everyone who bought the first gen will want really bad). If we wanna talk maturity, that would seem to be the mature thing to do.

Just my $0.02.

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
I am 36. My mother would have had a heart attack if i had asked for an iPhone when I was in highschool. ..

Of course, when I was in highschool, cell phones were as big as footballs!