What is the average age of people that have an iPhone?

Jeremiah

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Maryland
I'm 14 and I am going into 9th.

I'm not rich or anything, But on Christmas and my Birthday, I never tell anyone what I want, so basically all of my family just gives me cash. And, then I don't go blow all of it on stupid little things that will be worthless in a few days. Also, all last summer I worked at my Dad's businesss (He owns 2 car dealerships.) So I had about 2,000 saved, and I love the phone, so I bought it. I've already made back half of the money, but now school starts so no more work :\.

Shunoo

Aug 14, 2007
I'm 14 and I am going into 9th.

I'm not rich or anything, But on Christmas and my Birthday, I never tell anyone what I want, so basically all of my family just gives me cash. And, then I don't go blow all of it on stupid little things that will be worthless in a few days. Also, all last summer I worked at my Dad's businesss (He owns 2 car dealerships.) So I had about 2,000 saved, and I love the phone, so I bought it. I've already made back half of the money, but now school starts so no more work :\.
Your dad owns two car dealerships and you are saying you aren't rich? Bold statement.

luvmyiphone25

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
i am about to be 23. Of course i paid for it. I wish i was younger so i could have nagged my parents for it. Haha. But im pretty sure they would never even think a about buying me I one. When Apples releases a new version I will probably get that and give this to my mom or my boyfriend.

Joe Diver

Jul 15, 2007
31 - I didn't know anybody with a cell phone when I was in 9th grade. :(
LOL...they hadn't been invented when I was in 9th grade...heck, that was even before PC's and cable television....Space Invaders was the hot ticket back then.....and Pong.

SpartanJohnson

Jul 21, 2007
I turned 17 on Monday, and I have an iPhone. I'm going to be a senior in high school so I'm way excited. If you are responsible with taking care of a phone than definitely get it. It's not the type of phone that can be thrown around and dropped much imo. They are pretty durable though, mine hasn't receive a scratch, and it doesn't have a case or anything. I have dropped it several times with no effect, at least i hope not haha.

jettie1767

Jul 1, 2007
40 here. Replace my phone every 3 - 6 months. But, I think I'll be holding on to the iPhone for awhile. Love it!

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
40 here. Replace my phone every 3 - 6 months. But, I think I'll be holding on to the iPhone for awhile. Love it!

3 to 6 months? :mad: Good Gawd thats a lot! Why do you go through that many phones? It is a boredom issue or is it you are simply rough on the phones which requires you to get new ones?

FW

oliegirl

Jul 6, 2007
I used to replace my phone that often as well, it was mainly a boredom issue, or I would see a new phone that was coming out and "had" to have it. I'm a self confessed Gadget Junkie, and since the phone I was getting rid of was always fairly new and in great condition, I'd just sell it on eBay for $75-$100 less than I paid for it. I plan on keeping the iPhone for a while as well though, especially once they add downloadable apps and an office suite, those are what I'm really missing right now.

Lacrosse4life31

Aug 3, 2007
I'm 15 and I have one. I am going into 10th grade. I payed for it myself. No biggie, it doesn't matter how old you are. If you can afford it YOURSELF AND NOT BEG YOUR PARENTS then it doesn't matter--or at least in my opinoin.

Also, I know most of you older people here are saying "well no one had cell phones when I was in 9th grade" which is true, BUT in this day in age, pay phones are obsolete because everyone has a cell phone! they are much easier, and more personal. This is just all my opinion, but I saw a kid in 5th grade with a LG chocolate and I thought that was wrong....
But by the time you get into highschool I don't think it matters, you have a car and friends and all that.

Phones don't have a required age on them. I don't see why the original poster is asking "should I even get the iPhone even though I am young?" type of question. No one can tell you yes or no. If you want it and you can pay for it yourself then it doesn't matter. If you travel a lot, then you might want it for its enterainment capabilities.

--I'm sorry, I think this question is really dumb, if you want it and can afford it get. BUT it's not like you NEED one of these. This is a LUXORIOUS DEVICE. IT IS NOT NEEDED. Just remember that, because most of the time people don't and believe that they NEED it. WHEN THEY DON'T.

Oh well have fun. :cool:

agile53

Jun 28, 2007
53 & .................

deac-
I thought I was going to be TOG (the old guy) here but @ 63 you beat me by 10 yrs.
I'm there w/ ya on Dick Tracy but you beat me on the 4 digit ph. #'s, I started on 7 #'s but rotary dial for sure. Seems like I recall the intro. of area codes & sure remember the advent of zip codes.
Big question for deac is, did you go for the 8 or 4GB iPhone? I went w/ 4 as I don't do the iTunes & thought 4GB would cover me for everything else or until the 2nd gen. comes along.
HTH, just my .02 & worth about the same.

loco_dos

Aug 16, 2007
Well I am 27 and i love it! My lil brother is 19 and he loves his also. Ultimately if you can pay for it and not sell your soul for a few months then sure go wild and buy it, you'll love it. :cool:

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
They're so new to paying for stuff that they can't spell it right yet ;) (unlike us older folks)
Yeah it was crazy when I baut this fone. There where deers and oxes running around the stoor. I thaut I waz goin ta chit mieseph.

But I eventually pulled out my money, and payed.

If typing bothers you that much, maybe a forum is not the best place for you. Theres a cool site i've heard of dictionary.com, (obviously I do not visit it too often), but I heard there's a lot of words there you could look over.

My posts are meant for nothing other than to be beneficiary to the forum and the participants in a positive manner. Still, I am ridiculed for misspelling paid. C'mon.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
deac-
I thought I was going to be TOG (the old guy) here but @ 63 you beat me by 10 yrs.
I'm there w/ ya on Dick Tracy but you beat me on the 4 digit ph. #'s, I started on 7 #'s but rotary dial for sure. Seems like I recall the intro. of area codes & sure remember the advent of zip codes.
Big question for deac is, did you go for the 8 or 4GB iPhone? I went w/ 4 as I don't do the iTunes & thought 4GB would cover me for everything else or until the 2nd gen. comes along.
HTH, just my .02 & worth about the same.
Agile, you young whippersnapper, yeah been following this thread and looks like I'm the lone rep of the geriatric set but I do know my baby brother (61) and his wifey each got one 2 days after me .... he can't stand letting me get ahead :) We learned early as Dad was the first on the block to have a TV in our house! so being on line on iDay I'm sure had him smiling down from above :) I was also one of the first in town to add a real hard drive to my Mac 512. 20 megs as I recall.

I got the 8 gig as I'm big into videos- mostly TV shows, golf tourneys and sports events I've recorded myself--- and had postponed getting an iPod awaiting this little beauty. Not big into music -- a couple of 50's and 60's oldies albums and some beach music is all I need.