Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • None

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
P

pat3ck

This question came to mind when Chris Pirillo mentioned that Elan Passport is the best iPad case.

How about you? What is the best iPad case?

Thanks!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I have yet to find a case I like. Sent the iLuv back, although their customer service is telling me they are working on an improved leather case/stand. The first one had major design flaws and the iPad would slide out. Not good. Have not seen any case I like.

forkee

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
i doubt you will get an exact answer. it all depends on preferences. each case is unique and offers its own pros and cons. i first bought the Apple case, and now ive added the switcheasy nude to the collection. the Apple case offers moderate protection, has a flip cover, and allows different configurations for viewing, but isn't compatible with the keyboard dock, plus has these unsightly tabs around the border. it also is a bit difficult to remove. the switcheasy case is super slim, offers vitually no protection, but manages to look as if it wasn't there (hence the name).

ultimately i use a 10" laptop case to carry everything (mouse, keyboard, sync cable, ac adapter, stands, ipad) and i have the ipad in the switcheasy case slid in between the Apple case. its mainly for protection during transport, and when i want to use it i just slide it out and at least it still has the switcheasy covering it.

see pics on below link. there's a LOT lol
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/got-my-ipad-switcheasy-nude-white-took-some-close-up-pics.54740/

Last edited by a moderator:

forkee

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
do you mean landscape mode? i can't even get it to stand up in portrait mode.....but yes you can forget about landscape. it tips over and falls flat on its butt. lol

bakabon

May 18, 2010
Personally i prefer a case which can support both portrait and landscape position. I found Quirky cloak is a promising one, but the product is still in production right now. Any suggestion for ipad case that can support both portrait and landscape position ?

As for now i think Apple ipad case is the best choice for me. ;)

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
The iPad is fairly heavy and most people are wanting a case that supports the iPad securely when converting to a stand. I don't think there is any currently available case that can do this. Sure you can prop it if you aren't touching it but the cases fall flat when you need to push buttons. iPadMaster It would be nice if you had a prototype photo or at the very least a description of your case. All of this secrecy suggests to me your case is not even close to production. Hmm? I do love the Vaja cases but $200 is steep even for me at this point. It doesn't have enough features for this price other than looking very nice.

bakabon

May 18, 2010
Do you have any picture / video of the case? cause when i visited the site the video didn't reveal the case.. or am i missing something ? :(

ally

May 17, 2010
i found that Incipio is actually making the feather version of the iPad case and i lovee Incipio! check those cases out...i have a Feather case on my laptop and i used to use one for my iPhone =] but i like them because of the texture..

Ruby02

Jun 1, 2010
The best iPad Case is called Quirky Cloak Undercover that is a hands free protective case with a stand. In this way, the cover will hold the iPad up in portrait mode and the lid can be used to hold the tablet up in landscape mode. The Quirky case is priced at $36 which is more expensive than those non-brand iPad cases and skins. However, I love the stylish, fascinating look, which might not be entirely practical, but really looks stunning. i will definitely get one Quirky after my universal case is worn out.