What job do you do?

S

Starry

Starry,
I played the show "Avenue Q" at the Wynn for nine months in 2005-06 and lived in Boulder City.
What hotels did you work in and when?

Dana
I was in Country Fever at the Golden Nugget - Country Tonight at the Aladdin before it went bankrupt - and sang in every lounge From Sam's Town to the Santa Fe.. BUT Caesar's Palace, Tammy Graham had that one booked, no other country act could be in there... LOL... gosh I'm old :(

neon0107

Dec 19, 2007
Round Rock TX
I am a Lotus Notes software developer for an insurance company and just moved to Austin Texas this past some from Ohio and I am loving it down here:laugh2:

Resident Plarp

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
www2.oakland.edu
I'm a nuclear criticality safety engineer. :eek:

My job is to make sure others who handle nuclear materials can do so in a safe manner.
Do you work for NRC or an in-house operation?

I'm a student, teacher and a lab rat that handles radioactive phosphorus for RNA protein synthesis experiments. I gotta ask ya, how is my 32p obtained?

LMen

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Atlanta
www.studiomendoza.com
Starry,
I played the show "Avenue Q" at the Wynn for nine months in 2005-06 and lived in Boulder City.
What hotels did you work in and when?

Dana
Far Out! I Saw Avenue Q in NYC 2 years ago and I loved it. Who did you play in it? Can't wait to see it again here in ATL in a couple of months.:laugh2:

"What's my purpose?"

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Quality Engineer for a pharmaceutical company. Think of it as a statistition that optimizes manufacturing processes and creates and/or alters quality systems to further improvements.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Far Out! I Saw Avenue Q in NYC 2 years ago and I loved it. Who did you play in it? Can't wait to see it again here in ATL in a couple of months.:laugh2:

"What's my purpose?"
I'm going too when when it gets here. My roommate bought tickets for me and the wife for Christmas.
I already know the soundtrack. It's funny when you start singing "Everyone's a little bit racist" in the car with the windows down. People have a tendency to glare at you, if they didn't heard it from the beginning.

LMen

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Atlanta
www.studiomendoza.com
I'm going too when when it gets here. My roommate bought tickets for me and the wife for Christmas.
I already know the soundtrack. It's funny when you start singing "Everyone's a little bit racist" in the car with the windows down. People have a tendency to glare at you, if they didn't heard it from the beginning.
I'm going with my girlfriend from Canada...:laugh2:

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
I'm your friendly neighborhood "GREG FAULKER". I'm a nurse working for Kaiser Permanente in Orange County CA.

Although I do miss my old job. Worked for AT&T Wireless for 8 years before I got into nursing. I miss getting visits from phone reps and knowing the inside scoop.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I work for Honda of America, building engines in Ohio for all the Accords, Civics, Acuras, Pilots...If your Honda is a '98 or newer, chances are I had something to do with it. If you're lucky, I was off the day your engine was built!:p
What about Elements?

If so, shame on you for not mentioning them... Honda ignores my little baby like a bastard red-headed stepchild.

:cool:

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
We're a partner with you now that we got out of the baseband biz. Cool...
Awesome! I work in New Products which is typically switching, translation, and storage / input interfacing. There is some really cool stuff coming this year.

Did you see the Keynote and how Apple pressured Intel to reduce the Cpu size by 60%. I know how Intel must have felt.

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Awesome! I work in New Products which is typically switching, translation, and storage / input interfacing. There is some really cool stuff coming this year.

Did you see the Keynote and how Apple pressured Intel to reduce the Cpu size by 60%. I know how Intel must have felt.
Heck ya! I shrunk one of the dice for one of my parts 30% and it was a pain! I can't imagine doing that to a micro processesor. 60% die shrinkage? Wow. Or as Steve would say, "phenomenal".

So, I take it you guys are also in the iMac Air as well. We have 1 component in there. Can't say which one because we have a NDA with them on EVERYTHING. I'm sure they do that to you guys as well.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
Heck ya! I shrunk one of the dice for one of my parts 30% and it was a pain! I can't imagine doing that to a micro processesor. 60% die shrinkage? Wow. Or as Steve would say, "phenomenal".

So, I take it you guys are also in the iMac Air as well. We have 1 component in there. Can't say which one because we have a NDR with them on EVERYTHING. I'm sure they do that to you guys as well.
yes, not sure of the component count though. I hate NDAs.