What stores support Apple Pay

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
Has anyone else had a problem adding an Amex card into the apple pay? It keeps saying my verification code is incorrect when I am holding the card and I have tried the three number code three separate times.

Sent using iCafe app

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
Has anyone else had a problem adding an Amex card into the apple pay? It keeps saying my verification code is incorrect when I am holding the card and I have tried the three number code three separate times.

Sent using iCafe app
Their card verification number on an Amex is a tiny 4 digit # on the front just up and to the right of the end of the card #

Visa and MasterCard use the 3 digit in the signature strip

Reactions: sstalk

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
Their card verification number on an Amex is a tiny 4 digit # on the front just up and to the right of the end of the card #

Thank you. I've never needed the number before. Now I know.

Sent using iCafe app

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I tried my Barclay card, they said they don't support Apple Pay yet. (Funny since I got this card while purchasing Apple products) :)
I'm going to try adding my barclay card when I get home. I'll let you know if it went through.

Last edited:

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Their website only says this fall. The learn more link takes me to Apples website.

View attachment 39289
It would only make sense to me that barclay is the first to be supported by Apple Pay. Why is there support for other cards but barclay has to wait? I think Apple might be planning something to hold off on supporting the Barclay card.

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It would only make sense to me that barclay is the first to be supported by Apple Pay. Why is there support for other cards but barclay has to wait? I think Apple might be planning something to hold off on supporting the Barclay card.
Planning something like what? I doubt it. I think they are just slowly approving and rolling them all out. Amazon just got approved today. I bet Barclay will start working within the next couple weeks.

Reactions: silvermoon

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
Planning something like what? I doubt it. I think they are just slowly approving and rolling them all out. Amazon just got approved today. I bet Barclay will start working within the next couple weeks.
Now I'm guessing Apple pay is setup for the Amazon website but what about on app access like target?

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
I worded that bad. I mean using Apple pay through the Amazon app like the target app

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
I got an email from Navy Federal saying they will also allow Apple Pay starting in November. It sounds like there are more logistics involved than we public thinks. I'm surprised the banks didn't have all this in line by the time the new phones came out. Just like everything else, it will be sweet once it is all online and the charges work correctly.

Sent using iCafe app

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA

Thanks again. I now have one card in my passbook.

Sent using iCafe app

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I think some advertisements are misleading. The other day I saw that you could use your barclay card on Apple pay but as I found out, it is not supported until later in the year.
I know I could probably find this online, but do the stores pay for Apple Pay?