What stuff are you gonna get with the phone?

idjmeka

Jun 1, 2007
You mean like this? http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/APLiPhone.html

I pre-ordered mine a month or so ago. In fear that the phone is going to be like the iPod's.
I also, pre-ordered mine, because nearly all the new generation iPod are built with the same type of screen and they can get dinged up pretty bad in your pocket. I had a 30gb black video, scratch on the screen same day I got. Scratches on these types of screens are really noticeable especially if your outside and light is glaring.

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
If it covers the entire screen with the sensors still work correctly? What's this cover made out of?

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
idk its made out of some crazy alien. Yes there covers work on the touchscreen for the treo so there is no reason it wont work for the iPhone plus it has a 30-day money back guarantee from the day you get it.
The iPhone apparently does not work well/at-all with a stylus so they may very well be quite different.

alphonso

Jun 5, 2007
Im planning on getting a dock (just for home), and if its not super pricey, the bluetooth headset, which looks pretty sleek

thienvy2001

Jun 9, 2007
What "stuff" including the iPhone itself are you gonna be getting on launch day or whenever you get it?

For me, I'll probably get a car charger, a standalone non-dock charger, screen protector(if their is one), and probably the Apple Care for the phone.
I just want a blue tooth.
A car charger & standalone non dock charger is fine:)

Golfy Golferson

Mar 25, 2007
AZ
The iPhone apparently does not work well/at-all with a stylus so they may very well be quite different.
From the reviews from people who have actually touched an iPhone that I've read, it's my understanding that the screen on the iPhone ONLY works with the touch of a human finger (although I don't think they were able to break into area 57 and test the alien fingers.... so MAYBE those work too). A stylus will NOT work, (it's alos mentioned that you can't even use it with a glove on) and thereforee any type of screen cover will not allow you to operate the phone (while the cover is on anyway)...

Golfy Golferson

Mar 25, 2007
AZ
Oh yeah, and as far as Applecare goes... a couple people have mentioned they hope it covers if they drop the iPhone. One thing I've noticed with Apple is that they are EXTREMELY scrutinative (is that a word?) when you need repairs. If they see any visible sign of "misuse", i.e. they can tell (or even just REALLY think) it's been dropped, they will not cover it... I've had this experience with the power adapter for my powerbook... The metal circle piece wasn't PERFECTLY circular and they tried to tell me it wouldn't be covered because I had obviously damaged it b either dropping it or pulling the cord out incorrectly. (The problem was it started ticking and not delivering power to the computer.... had nothing to do with the connection to the computer.) Anyway... the moral is; get Applecare, but don't drop your stuff. EVER!

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I'm looking right now for an A2DP adapter and stereo headphones so I can listen to my music wirelessly.

Hopefully I can find an A2DP bluetooth headset that has a mouthpiece and allows you to pair it to two devices because the iPhone will require you to pair your headphones to its bluetooth 2.0 profile to receive calls and I'll have to pair the headphones to the adapter to receive the stereo music.

Umm... and I'll get a car kit that allows me to charge it and connect to bluetooth phone calls in the car. And perhaps I'll be able to listen to A2DP music on my stereo. I seriously doubt I'll get that one though since I think I'll need to have the A2DP adapter to get stereo music to my stereo. Unless they have a car kit that adds A2DP capability.

I might need a new car stereo.

And I'll need a bluetooth dongle for my computer.

I'll get a case to protect my new phone. I have the worst luck with phones breaking.

I won't get a screen protector since that's already included.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
With a bluetooth headset...can you wirelessly listen to music? Wow, that would be worth the purchase price (if its in stereo!) I've been waiting forever to be able to listen to my ipod/iPhone wirelessly (sneakily) :)
Only if the phone and headset are both A2DP compliant. Apple has not said that the iPhone is compliant, so it's not. You'll need an adapter. Fortunately there are a couple already for the ipods. There should be some new and better ones for the iPhone before the end of the year.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
the most important things...such as a case (which should come with the purchase of the phone)...some headphones...a bluetooth earpiece...

iphoneey

Jun 20, 2007
rebate

If there is a rebate ill be getting a lot so they will give me the rebate instore AND at home :) then return those badboys.. The ones I don't need anyway

there is NO REBATE and NO insurance for that phone!I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT!SORRY

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
I will need some type of belt clip if one is not included.. I would like the add on GPS if that is a true rumor...

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
The jawbone is a bluetooth headset that I have been hearing a lot of good things about. The noise reduction demo on their website is impressive. As far as I know, it is only available directly from the manufacturer and from Cingular. I actually first heard about it here :).
I have had the jawbone for about 4 months or more now and I love it. I actually brought it home turned the tv up to unbearable levels and then called my wife while standing right in front of the speaker and she couldn't even hear the tv at all. But as with any product there is a complaint... It filters out every ambient noise around you but has ZERO wind canceling ability. Overall it's the best headset I have ever owned I would highly recommend it.:cool: