What was your first job?

furndaddy

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
It was 1984; I was 16. Cleaning out horse stalls at my family's farm. Got paid $5/day. Originally got the job to pay my Dad back for a speeding ticket. Kept the job for gas money!

cambrosio

Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
AZ
My first job was at dairy queen. I decorated the cakes and ran the registers. I was 15. Made 6 something an hour.

The caffeine made me do it. My iPhone lets me do it efficiently. ;)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
My first job was as a caddie at a local golf course when I was 12. Think I earned around $15-20 per 18 hole round, plus tips sometimes.

When I first started it felt like the bags outweighed me and I struggled to get though the 18. Pretty soon though I could carry two bags or go 36 holes.

Best tip I ever got was a set of woods when a guy I carried for got to the final of the club championship.

We also got to play for free once a week, which really meant three times a week because the greenskeeper was really nice to us.

In the winter I did dish washing at an Italian restaurant.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
In my current mortal body, my first job was working at McDonald's during my senior year in high school. I think I made $1.85 an hour. Then again, I could gas up my Volkswagen Squareback for less than four bucks.

Last edited by a moderator: