What was your first Mac?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Ok, real simple rules. You need to be a Mac user. iPhones, iPads don't count.

What was your first Mac?

I used the Mac Classic in college, but the first Mac I purchased was a PowerMac 6100.

powermac-6100.jpg

It completely rocked. I remember buying 16MB of RAM for something like $800. The computer itself was around $3k if memory serves me right. I used it to create my first website, which was something along the lines of cult of mac. I wish I could remember the URL -- also wish that I had kept it up.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I was very late to the game. I was a windows user for too many years before I saw the light. Actually getting the first iPhone led me to the purchase of my first Apple computer. I bought a MBP sometime in early '08 and have been hooked on Apple products ever since.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
My parents got me a Mac when I was getting ready to leave the house at the age of 16. Was weird. We had never had one. Always had a pc. Remember having a comodor 64 at a young age.
I stopped in nv returned it. Paid another 100 dollars an got a pc lol. Was the only time I've had one. It's funny though between phones and iPods. Even my monitor for my pc is Apple. I've never had a desire for a Mac.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Just like dturner, I was very late to the game. None of my friend or family actually had a Mac so I didn't really know much of anything about it. Back in 2008, though, my Dad was in New York and I asked him to buy me an Alienware which was out of stuck, so he told me "A friend recommended a MacBook Pro", who can refuse an offer like that, right? I told him yeah, very interested. From that day on, I have never looked back. Even though I've had some trouble with the 2008 MacBook Pro, my recently purchased '10 MacBook Pro has been like an angel to me, haha.

I, too, am converted for good.

jb829904

Contributor
Silver
Jun 24, 2010
MO
A 21 inch iMac that I purchased last year. I was always an iPhone user, but not until my PC 'died' did I venture into the world of Mac computers. Glad I did. (=

mac.jpg

Pic: I like this b/c you can see the reflection of my other lamp that sits across the way. It was a total accident, but I dig it.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
A 21 inch iMac that I purchased last year. I was always an iPhone user, but not until my PC 'died' did I venture into the world of Mac computers. Glad I did. (=

View attachment 13014

Pic: I like this b/c you can see the reflection of my other lamp that sits across the way. It was a total accident, but I dig it.
Is your desk always this neat?

jb829904

Contributor
Silver
Jun 24, 2010
MO
Is your desk always this neat?
355 days out of the year, yes! Right now, I'm studying for finals - so I have peanut butter, a soda, empty package of scooby doo fruit snacks, wrapper off of a cereal bar and some papers on my desk, along with about a million pens. Its driving me crazy! I'm a bit of a neat freak.

crudduncan

Mar 27, 2009
I bought an Apple II GS in 1989. With a newly invented external 3 1/2 floppy drive. I wish I still had that one.

offroadhunter

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
New York

JB you don't need to brag and rub it in just because my first had a small 15 inch screen and weighed more than a mac truck! that's a sweet machine you have!

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
Unfortunately, I'm still a PC owner. Once I get steady money flow, I'm gonna buy myself the best MacBook Pro ever.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I bought my very first Mac in September 2009. It was a 15 inch MacBook Pro which I bought mail order from MacConnections. All of this was inspired by the iPhone which I bought for the first time in June of 2009. It still works flawlessly after these several years. Snow Leopard had just been released when I bought this MacBook Pro.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I was also late to the game... had my first PC in 1982 (most of you probably weren't even born yet). Bought my MBP September 2009 and haven't looked back.... Also got mine from MacConnections! Weird JW!
That is weird! Synchronicity! Saved a bundle on free shipping and no tax.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
My first was a G5 PowerBook. I really liked it but I was so used to windows that the PowerBook was a little foreign to me, so I sold it. That was 9 years ago.

imotionb18

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Houston, Tx
I just purchased my first mac a little earlier this year. I got a 13' macbook pro a week before the new line came out. I had to exchange it for the newest one. I'm not sure why I hadn't made the switch earlier because I love it.

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
I am proud to say my first mac was in 1984 when they first came out, though not the original 128K version. We opted for the 'memory upgrade' and got the 512K Fat Mac! :LOL: (the one from my avatar was the SE I used when it came time for college.) And worse yet, I still have all 7 Macs I've owned prior to the MBP I'm using right now.