What you learned since joining EIC

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I have joined EIC in early Nov of 2007. Since then I have learned a lot regarding the iPhone. I was wondering what everyone else has learned and how this site has helped you.

For myself I have learned a lot.. Look I am a Genius!

This is what I have gained

-Found out iPhone has updates ex. firmware- Yeah I was stupid back in Nov
-Learned how to make my own ringtones --- CTU (24)
-Found iRovr here
-Found meebo for aim
-Found flytunes- then got email and hooked it up
-Found out starry is a country singer.
-Travian.com game thanks IndyJonz..(hurry up get your iPhone)
-When visiting a website on safari all I have to do is tap the top of the page and it will scroll all the way back to the top
-O.J is the killer
-Learned how to make a animated avaitar
-Maps feature on 1.1.3 find my location along with everything for 1.1.3 by far best update yet
-Learned how to add album art to music that is not from iTunes

I am sure there is more but that is all I can think of now..

Thank you to everyone at eic

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
wow. That's an awsom post dude. I don't even wana try to make a list but I've Lerned a ton about the iPhone here.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
From EiC? Some things about modding. That's laid the foundation for me to branch out to to other sites as well.

TonyTHT

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Cheshire, UK
I've learned loads about the iPhone here, most useful was homemade ringtones, personalised webclip icons and the speed dial shortcut.

I've also learned there are quite a few pricks on here who are so far up their own asses they genuinely believe that the genius status bestowed upon them by submitting a certain number of posts actually translates to the real world.

Thanks to all the really helpful posters on this forum, its you guys that make it what it is.

T

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I learnt that some people jump to conclusion to quick, here. I jsut started helping rather than talking at all since everything I say is taken as an insult and when I defend MYSELF I get an infracton.

Great.

Talking about iPhone - nothing. I basically know what I'm doing in regards of the iPhone.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I learnt that some people jump to conclusion to quick, here. I jsut started helping rather than talking at all since everything I say is taken as an insult and when I defend MYSELF I get an infracton.

Great.

Talking about iPhone - nothing. I basically know what I'm doing in regards of the iPhone.
sarcasm and wittyness is always welcome here. what got under some people's skin was the personal attacks. You don't have to limit yourself to just talking about the iPhone but foul langauge and insults are major rules voilations. There doesn't have to be a sarcastic and sometimes degrading response to everything. There is such thing as a gray area, everything isn't black and white. Try being somewhere in that middle area. you may be an alright guy but got off on the wrong foot with everyone because of some insensitive remarks. just tone it down a tad and you'll be fine.

and by the way your contributions regarding the iPhone are appreciated.

jpetticrew

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Houston
I learned that Apple can drastically change iPhone with firmware updates, what jailbreaking is, what unlocking really is (other than just running on any carrier), and so much more. Thanks to everyone like John and everyone else who are so patient with new people and keep it nice with stupid questions.

=)

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I've learned about some keyboard shortcuts, Flytunes, Grand Central, found some pretty cool games, learned how to make the speaker sound louder, how to load my own wallpapers, make my own ring tones in iTunes....and basically that I know nothing at all when it comes to the iPhone!

hutchinsonsxe

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
The problem with me is i post in a few different forums in this one everyone is for the most part friendly in the others i post in everyone is out for blood.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
lol that just cracks me up lol.. How many infractions are you at now?
This is like fcc stuff with howard stern and opie and anthony. We can't say anything.. lol

I'm just making fun.....Actually Chris & Co. give me plenty of latitude to work with and I appreciate that.... At first it was tough and I was getting infractions like no tomorrow but the last several months I've found a little more freedom. Maybe I add a little color..?

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I'm just making fun.....Actually Chris & Co. give me plenty of latitude to work with and I appreciate that.... At first it was tough and I was getting infractions like no tomorrow but the several months I've found a little more freedom. Maybe I add a little color..?
You do.. I love your post..

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Since I started reading EiC back when it was EiP and before there was even an iPhone available, I've learned just about everything about an iPhone from this site. Of course, I have to give some credit to Apple.com, Engadget, and macrumors.com, but EiC has just about been my sole source of information ever since El Jobso announced the iPhone.