What's the wait after ordering at AT&T?

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
Heading into the ATT store tomorrow or Sat. and putting in my order for the iPhone 4 finally. Guy at the store says about 7-9 days but I wondered what you all on here have looked at for a wait.
Thanks.

steve nz

Bronze
Jul 29, 2010
7 - 9 Days wow lucky :p

Here in New Zealand I have to wait a month for mine. The launch here was screwed up big time. 500 Phones for the whole country is all that turned up.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I ordered mine last Friday afternoon at the AT&T store and it shipped on Wednesday via UPS 2-day Air. It'll be here tomorrow (Friday), so it took exactly one week. They told me 7 to 10 working days, and they're going to beat that by a pretty decent margin.

Guest 4

Jun 29, 2010
I ordered mine on Friday 23rd of July in store 16gb and it just came in today. I was following another thread on macrumors and it seemed 32gb's were shipping out within a couple of days but 16gb's were taking about 12-13 days (including weekends). It also seemed a lot of orders were coming off backorder on Tuesday's.

Veloce

Jul 1, 2010
When I went into Att, they refused to sell or even order me, as I was not getting a new contract, but rather paying for it outright, ordered from Apple July 27th, it's said to ship out the Aug 13th

I don't understand why they would shy away a paying loyal customer, but that's ok the Att store doesn't need my businesss.

Rant over...

09_SERG

Bronze
Jan 24, 2009
Thats great! I ordered mine at the AT&T store in Bellingham, WA on Saturday7/31/10 and I have not received any notification it has shipped.