Thank you for your honest opinion. I highly respect people like you on forums who don't act as fanboys and actually take into consideration the situation of the other member.Ibrahim Allaf
Jul 4, 2012 5:18 PM
I am a BlackBerry guy all my life... but I'd like to switch to iPhone now that RIM is dying
Hi Ibrahim Allaf
Have you seen the Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha device? I am mentioning it to you because you're an existing BlackBerry user that I think you should research before switching to a totally different os and device. I myself use an iPhone but I have been using my brand of device since 2007. So the reason I'm suggesting you should research about the new BlackBerry 10 is because it might not be fair to you to ditch the OS you have been using for however long you have been using BBOS for. I am just giving you an honest opinion on how you should stick with the os and devices you are familiar with unless you truly do not care. Anywho, good luck!
Thank you for your honest opinion. I highly respect people like you on forums who don't act as fanboys and actually take into consideration the situation of the other member.
I don't know man, I am going to miss BlackBerry Messenger so much, but here is my story with my latest 9900 which i bought in August last year....
I was one of the first people in Dubai to get the 9900 after a long wait, and I was disappointed by:
- Battery life is crap! Bigger screen with only a 1250 mAH battery as opposed to the older bolds which had a smaller screen and a 1500 mAH battery
- Sometimes the phone has full signal bars but when people call you it tells them your phone is switched off until you restart the phone, tried many different operating system upgrades, some don't have this issue, but many OSes do
- Every OS released since the launch of the phone fixes one issue then brings in more bugs! RIM has lost any sense of quality control over their phones and OSes
- 5 mp camera is a joke because it has no Autofocus, even my old Bold 9700 has 10 times better and crisper images because it has autofocus, whoever made this phone must've been drunk because he decided to make it so thin that they can't fit an autofocus camera so even though the cmaera is 5 mp, the pictures lack any sense of quality
- apps are a joke! every single one of them, I paid for many apps but they fail to deliver what iPhone and Android users are enjoying
- the only thing that keeps RIM alive is BlackBerry Messenger
- my 9900 had a screen protector since day one and now I've had it for 11 months and it has so many dead pixels on the screen I took it back to SharafDG and they are like it needs at least one month to get a new screen replaced IF they are even going to approve replacing it! That's why I want to buy a new phone