Which iPhone 5 case are you getting?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
:eek:...jeeez. I know Mindi has at least 20 iP5 cases but you too?
Naw, I only have four plus three that are in transit. Three of the four I have right now were only five bucks. One of the five-dollar cases was a gift (thanks, Naps!) and one wasn't what I ordered. They supposedly shipped the correct one after I emailed them, but that was two weeks ago so it may not ever arrive. I blame all of this on Element for not making a Vapor Comp 5. I'd probably only have one case if they did... ;)

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I blame all of this on Element for not making a Vapor Comp 5. I'd probably only have one case if they did... ;)
Speaking of Element Case it seems they are intent on developing a completely new line of cases for the iPhone 5. In other words they aren't planning to retrofit the Vapor COMP or the Vapor Pro to a iP5 version. Oh well. Maybe they'll come up with something that works. Just not feeling that Sector 5 case.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Gotta thank you again for this link. Mine finally arrived today and this may be my favorite iPhone case ever! The fit and finish is just spectacular. I haven't seen anything else on the market like it. Really loving it.

View attachment 25905
I got my crystal clear Hybri-Flex PC+TPU case on Monday. It was only $3.99 and it had free shipping from China. I ordered it on the 18th and it got here on the 22nd. Very impressed with the shipping speed and the case is really nice, especially considering it was under $4. The only complaint I have is that it's not compatible with either (stubby and 0.2 m) of the Apple adapters. Otherwise, I really like how it looks, feels and fits. Thanks for recommending it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarred

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
One annoying thing about the Otterbox Defender is that the lightning adaptor won't fit with the case on :|

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
One annoying thing about the Otterbox Defender is that the lightning adaptor won't fit with the case on :|
I've read reviews saying it doesn't work with the stubby adapter, but that it *does* work with the 0.2 m adapter.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I got my crystal clear Hybri-Flex PC+TPU case on Monday. It was only $3.99 and it had free shipping from China. I ordered it on the 18th and it got here on the 22nd. Very impressed with the shipping speed and the case is really nice, especially considering it was under $4. The only complaint I have is that it's not compatible with either (stubby and 0.2 m) of the Apple adapters. Otherwise, I really like how it looks, feels and fits. Thanks for recommending it.
I ordered one yesterday just because. For $4 I figured worse case I can throw in in the trash! thanks for the good review Mindi!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Europa

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have to be able to see the Apple logo to be happy, so I'm limited to clear cases and bumpers. Anyone else relate to this? I noticed that the new Lifeproof cases have a cutout, so I see one in my future.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I have to be able to see the Apple logo to be happy, so I'm limited to clear cases and bumpers. Anyone else relate to this? I noticed that the new Lifeproof cases have a cutout, so I see one in my future.
Totally relate. I need to have people know I'm cool and have an "Apple"... lol

Reactions: btitus

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I like that too, but I need protection more than anything. I'm dropping the phone a lot this days, I think 20 years of pushing on a hard table making pizzas has taken a toll on me, so I gotta go with a little more protection and sacrifice the design factor. At least with this case I now can take it out a lot easier then before.

If anyone wants my candyShell let me know.

kaelinlei

Bronze
Oct 17, 2011
Definitely Lifeproof.. Just waiting for it to finally be released! Right now I'm just using an incase case.

S

SmackTom

Incipio and Pure Gear have great cases for the iPhone 5. We have always been a fan of their products

jaw2k9

Bronze
Aug 9, 2010
I am getting the Speck Flip, in black, just as soon as they price it right on Amazon, at present this particular one is about $7 more than one of the other colors - and I think that's not right - I realize it's how businesss is done, but I can wait!

jaw2k9

Bronze
Aug 9, 2010
For what it's worth (a buck) the black one dropped a buck between yesterday and today. Maybe before the Frankenstorm hits it'll drop a couple more!

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
I got my free ($4) case from Zoo Gue in the mail today. Surprisingly, this is only my 4th case. I told myself that I was not gonna go case crazy this time. Had about a dozen cases for my 4 by this time! I ended up giving most of those away to family members after I settled down with one everyday case and a wallet case.

Sent from my iPhone5 using iCafe app