Which iPhone 5 case are you getting?

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I've only gone with a leather pouch case to hold in my pocket. Other than that it is naked. No scratches or marks. Apple makes to beautiful of phones to cover them up.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Putting a $700 phone in a cheapo case never made sense to me.. I always buy quality cases even if they cost a bit more..

My .02
I've been using cheap eBay cases (likely made in China) since my V1 phone in 2007 and have never had a problem. Not a scratch, crack, or dent on any of my iPhones. That being said, I have never dropped my phones more than a handful of times since 2007. I guess if someone is clumsy, than a something like an Otterbox makes sense, but to me it's not worth the extra cash. YMMV.

FWIW, my wife had a name brand case for her iPhone 4 when she first got it (some $30-$40 one from AT&T store). It broke about a month after using it. Since then (2 years ago), she's used a case that I bought from eBay for $4 and it's still on her phone today. Again, YMMV.

Reactions: leggz2di4

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I pre-ordered an iPhone 5 black Otterbox defender series case, and I got a 20% discount thanks to the lady on the phone. That saved me $15 or so. :)

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
I never pay over $10 for a case. Do a search on eBay and you can find plenty of iPhone 5 cases already on sale... I bought 3 for myself and 1 for my wife yesterday.
Can we get links/pics to the cases you've chosen for you and your wife's iPhone 5s?

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I've absolutely loved my Sena Ultraslim leather pouch I've had for my 4S. So much so that I remembered to check their website to see if they had anything brewing for the iPhone 5. Well, they do! It's usually $29.99 but preorder pricing is $26.99 and if you use code PCWIPNK11 on checkout you'll get another 20% off! It wont ship until october 24-31 but If you love pouches, this in my opinion is the best of the best. I've also been told it may ship in early October.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Not really a case, but I already have my ZAGG invisibleSHIELD ordered. I wanted the HD, but it didn't have maximum coverage, only easy install so I went with the normal version.
Unfortunately, I think you'll regret that. The normal one has an "orange peel" effect that effects the screen. Makes it look less retina. The HD has a front & back version that works well...just no side protection. I had the HD front with regular back (the full body) and it looks brand new. :)

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Pre ordered my iPhone 5 Otterbox commuter case Wednesday afternoon after the Apple conference :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
I pre-ordered the same. The iPhone 5 may be stronger, and designed better to prevent breaking, but I still want to know for sure that I'm doing my best to prevent it too.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I'll either be getting a Lifeproof or an Otterbox. I'm really hoping the Otterbox Armor series is out soon for the iPhone 5

I would like to keep it Naked but im going to put it in a quality case if for no other reason than to keep it pristine for resale

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Have you received these cases yet? How long does it take to receive one after placing an order? You should just send me one since you have extras.
Haha! A few of them are shipping from China, so they will take a while to get to me. I'll post pics when I get them.