iPhone 7 Which iPhone Did You Get?

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I started off with the 7 but the lure of the dual camera eventually got to me and I moved to the 7+. I adjusted to the size pretty easily and I am loving both the camera and the battery life.

~S

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
The battery on my plus is pretty dang amazing :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
Kinda kicking myself for getting the 7+. Haven't used the dual camera feature once and battery life seems on par with what my 6S had. Just a big phone. Hope I get used to it.

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I had the 6S Plus and after a year and some back luck and anger issues, I blew through my AC+. Long story short I had no more incidences left so on Wednesday when I broke my phone again I knew I was in for either a $329 6S Plus or bite the bullet and go with the 7. Yesterday I went to get the 128GB Black 7 Plus and left with 256GB. I have absolutely no use for that much space and actually still had 47 GB left on my 64GB 6S Plus. It was all they had or the 32GB and I was worried that wouldn't be enough. My initial thoughts are I love the home button. No more clicking when the weather changes. Haven't used the camera but the portrait mode seems pretty cool once they roll out with full version. It seems slightly faster especially the home button since they changed how it operated with iOS 10. Things I hate are the no headphone jack and not being about to charge at same time. I know there is a Belkin adapter for it, but reviews are less than stellar. Once thing I do like about the headphone adapter is that my headphones don't get ripped out of the headphone jack as easily now. I know I will get used to it and come up with solutions, but its a little annoying. The EarPods are not even an option. I would lose or my puppy would eat them. All in all its a crazy amount of money to spend on a phone with way too much storage, but now I have an unlocked phone that I can take endless videos of my dog playing frisbee without worry of storage I guess.

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
Yeah. Still have my 7. Hoping I can get used to the size of the Plus. I'll sell the 7 after that.
I carried two phones in recent years! And my favorite to hold and use was my Fire! Left my 6 Plus in my pocket much of the time. So, after three years worth of big phone, I have the 7 now and I'm quite happy with it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I carried two phones in recent years! And my favorite to hold and use was my Fire! Left my 6 Plus in my pocket much of the time. So, after three years worth of big phone, I have the 7 now and I'm quite happy with it.
I'm going to sell my 7. I've adapted to the size of the Plus now. I love the camera and the battery life and the screen size comes in handy. I watched some videos on it in my hotel room last night. Didn't even bother bringing the iPad.

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
I'm going to sell my 7. I've adapted to the size of the Plus now. I love the camera and the battery life and the screen size comes in handy. I watched some videos on it in my hotel room last night. Didn't even bother bringing the iPad.
I've watched videos on my Watch! Well, short ones. I just like to root for the little guy. Besides, with your nose on the screen, any phone is a phablet.

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
I JUST got the 7 plus 128gb ! I've had the 6 plus for 2 yrs and wanted to hold out for 2017 model, but when I saw how great the new camera is, I couldn't wait ! I love it !!

I do notice that it gets hot while I'm talking on the phone even if for a short period of time. Does anybody else notice this ?

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
I know you're all waiting with bated breath...I'm actually adjusting to the size pretty well.
I know you're all waiting with bated breath...I'm actually adjusting to the size pretty well.
I got the 7 (32 GB) in gold. I had still been rocking my 5 and was actually pleased with it other than the battery life. The battery life on the 7 has been incredible but I do miss my smaller phone sometimes. SE was not really an option that made sense to me and since the 7 was essentially the same price as the 6 through AT&T I made the move. Finally convinced my wife to upgrade from her 5S through Verizon and she seems to be pleased so far.