Who wants to quit Apple?

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
Lol I guess I've just been fortunate with them so far. Nothing more than a minor gripe rarely. If you had to go through what I went through with Verizon, you'd understand just how great Apple can be! Verizon is the worst company I've ever dealt with. I loathe them. I wish like crazy that we would get AT&T up here. Would be nice to have a nice customer service experience again! :)

dressagerider

Bronze
Aug 13, 2010
I have a friend with a Razor Max. It's got a great display. But sadly I would never leave Apple. I love my iPhone, and I think a tiny part of it loves me back.
I went from the razor Maxx to iPhone 4S and will never look back. Android phones are simply unreliable.

Reactions: Hayesimus

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
I have no problems with the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on mine. (Well, no problems with Bluetooth that I didn't have before, which are Bluetooth problems, not Apple problems)
Dear friend my Bluetooth was working as fine as yours before upgrade. My 4S was connecting to my car navigator and my laptop. So I was happy with Bluetooth. But after the upgrade nothing is working my dear... WiFi is another big issue ... Search the Apple Discussion forums and you will find the truth. Apple is responsible for the Bluetooth and WiFi and other problems as they surfaced after the iOS 6 upgrade.

Martuss

Sep 20, 2012
OP, about this time last year, I was thinking just like you. I was having problems with my 3G, it wouldn’t sync, Apple could not diagnose the problem (turned out it was my PC) and I had pretty much had it with Apple. Then the 4S was released. Like a lot of other iPhone users, I was disappointed it was not a 5.

I had started reading Samsung Galaxy S2 reviews, watching Galaxy S2 v Ip4S reviews on youtube, and I was convinced I was going to get a Galaxy S2, because everyone was raving about the S2. It had a bigger screen, apparently was quicker, you could customise your interface with widgets and more importantly, for me anyway, it had flash, so you could download and save videos directly to your device.

As soon as my contract ended, in December 2011, I went straight to my carrier and ordered over the counter a Galaxy S2. Took it home, charged it up, first thing I did when I turned it on was put in my contacts, important calendar dates, etc. Once I started to play with it and start figuring it out, it hit me that Android is not ios. It was the little things I noticed, eg on an iPhone, you read something online, you get to the bottom, you touch the top of the screen and it takes you back to the top. No such thing with an Android. With an iPhone, you can skip from one web page to another with two clicks of your thumb, an S2 requires 5 or 6 clicks to go from page to page.

Then I started looking for apps, there was like 5 or 6 stores you could go to? Which one do you use? Where do you buy music from? I tested the flash, some movies downloaded, some didn’t. Why was that? Still don’t know. Even with pics, some saved, some didn’t, again, don’t know why. Confusion confusion confusion. It was about this point I started to regret getting a Samsung. But I continued to persevere. I start playing with the widgets and customising. Now this I admit was totally cool. You can put a clock face as your permanent screen, put whatever you like there, and as many as you like to a point. I put a weather widget on my home screen, set it to my local city (Melbourne, Australia) but for some reason it kept changing to some small town in the USA. Don’t know why. As many times as I changed it back to Melbourne, it kept going back to this small town.

So I go back to check my contacts and calendar, and to my horror, discover that every friend on my Facebook is in my contacts. And double horror, every Facebook friends’ birthday was in my calendar. I didn’t want that, I didn’t ask for that. That was the straw that broke the camel’s back. After 3 days of using the Galaxy S2, I did not want it anymore. The feelings of regret had reached a point where I had made up my mind. I wanted an iPhone again. It was now or never. Either take it back after 3 days or be stuck with it for 2 years. With the Galaxy, sometimes movies and pics would download, sometimes they wouldn’t. Trying to figure out where to buy apps from was confusing, you need all these different accounts for each market you buy from, 300 birthdays on my calendar and 300 names on my contact list was annoying, especially as I took the time to enter the contacts and dates that I wanted, and it just goes and exports everything from Facebook without even asking me.

So I went back to the carrier and begged them for a new 4S, like I said now or never. After a lot of grovelling and begging, they agreed to swap the Galaxy for a new 64G black 4S. I had to wait though, 3 weeks, but it was worth it. And I couldn’t be happier. Got a new pc, syncs beautifully. I love it (4S), best phone I’ve ever had, and that includes the Samsung Galaxy S2. Love it so much I’m going to bypass the i5 and just wait for the version which comes out after that. It might not have the widgets and flash of Samsung/Android, but now I know what they mean by user experience. Everything just works. If I want an app, I know where to go. Now with the notification centre, it makes things a lot easier so having widgets is not the be all and end all.

My point is, if you want to ditch Apple, no one is stopping you, I would even recommend it just so you can get perspective, but be prepared for change and things different to what you are accustomed to. From my experience, it's like moving from one country to another, the changes are big, For you, that change could be for better or worse. But you’ll never know until you try it.

As for me, I will never leave Apple again. Admittedley, I have noticed a few bugs with ios6, the main one being that the touch screen buttons feel hard when you press them, eg you press the camera screen button and it doesn’t register immediately. But Apple will eventually fix these bugs. If you had Android, you could be waiting a while for an update, if at all. But like I said, you'll never know until you try.

Reactions: dressagerider

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
OP, about this time last year, I was thinking just like you. I was having problems with my 3G, it wouldn’t sync, Apple could not diagnose the problem (turned out it was my PC) and I had pretty much had it with Apple. Then the 4S was released. Like a lot of other iPhone users, I was disappointed it was not a 5.

I had started reading Samsung Galaxy S2 reviews, watching Galaxy S2 v Ip4S reviews on youtube, and I was convinced I was going to get a Galaxy S2, because everyone was raving about the S2. It had a bigger screen, apparently was quicker, you could customise your interface with widgets and more importantly, for me anyway, it had flash, so you could download and save videos directly to your device.

As soon as my contract ended, in December 2011, I went straight to my carrier and ordered over the counter a Galaxy S2. Took it home, charged it up, first thing I did when I turned it on was put in my contacts, important calendar dates, etc. Once I started to play with it and start figuring it out, it hit me that Android is not ios. It was the little things I noticed, eg on an iPhone, you read something online, you get to the bottom, you touch the top of the screen and it takes you back to the top. No such thing with an Android. With an iPhone, you can skip from one web page to another with two clicks of your thumb, an S2 requires 5 or 6 clicks to go from page to page.

Then I started looking for apps, there was like 5 or 6 stores you could go to? Which one do you use? Where do you buy music from? I tested the flash, some movies downloaded, some didn’t. Why was that? Still don’t know. Even with pics, some saved, some didn’t, again, don’t know why. Confusion confusion confusion. It was about this point I started to regret getting a Samsung. But I continued to persevere. I start playing with the widgets and customising. Now this I admit was totally cool. You can put a clock face as your permanent screen, put whatever you like there, and as many as you like to a point. I put a weather widget on my home screen, set it to my local city (Melbourne, Australia) but for some reason it kept changing to some small town in the USA. Don’t know why. As many times as I changed it back to Melbourne, it kept going back to this small town.

So I go back to check my contacts and calendar, and to my horror, discover that every friend on my Facebook is in my contacts. And double horror, every Facebook friends’ birthday was in my calendar. I didn’t want that, I didn’t ask for that. That was the straw that broke the camel’s back. After 3 days of using the Galaxy S2, I did not want it anymore. The feelings of regret had reached a point where I had made up my mind. I wanted an iPhone again. It was now or never. Either take it back after 3 days or be stuck with it for 2 years. With the Galaxy, sometimes movies and pics would download, sometimes they wouldn’t. Trying to figure out where to buy apps from was confusing, you need all these different accounts for each market you buy from, 300 birthdays on my calendar and 300 names on my contact list was annoying, especially as I took the time to enter the contacts and dates that I wanted, and it just goes and exports everything from Facebook without even asking me.

So I went back to the carrier and begged them for a new 4S, like I said now or never. After a lot of grovelling and begging, they agreed to swap the Galaxy for a new 64G black 4S. I had to wait though, 3 weeks, but it was worth it. And I couldn’t be happier. Got a new pc, syncs beautifully. I love it (4S), best phone I’ve ever had, and that includes the Samsung Galaxy S2. Love it so much I’m going to bypass the i5 and just wait for the version which comes out after that. It might not have the widgets and flash of Samsung/Android, but now I know what they mean by user experience. Everything just works. If I want an app, I know where to go. Now with the notification centre, it makes things a lot easier so having widgets is not the be all and end all.

My point is, if you want to ditch Apple, no one is stopping you, I would even recommend it just so you can get perspective, but be prepared for change and things different to what you are accustomed to. From my experience, it's like moving from one country to another, the changes are big, For you, that change could be for better or worse. But you’ll never know until you try it.

As for me, I will never leave Apple again. Admittedley, I have noticed a few bugs with ios6, the main one being that the touch screen buttons feel hard when you press them, eg you press the camera screen button and it doesn’t register immediately. But Apple will eventually fix these bugs. If you had Android, you could be waiting a while for an update, if at all. But like I said, you'll never know until you try.
From your post I understand you live in Melbourne. I live in Brisbane. Do you have any issues with WiFi and Bluetooth after upgrade? I am waiting for the Apple to come with a fix soon so that I will be a happy iPhone owner once again.

Martuss

Sep 20, 2012
From your post I understand you live in Melbourne. I live in Brisbane. Do you have any issues with WiFi and Bluetooth after upgrade? I am waiting for the Apple to come with a fix soon so that I will be a happy iPhone owner once again.
No, I don't have any problems with wifi or bluetooth, but I have heard plenty of others who do, especially with wifi. Like I said my problem seems to be with the touch screen camera button feeling hard when you press it, but it's not a major problem.

I'm sure Apple are working on an os 6.1 update as we speak to resolve all these bugs. I must admit though, I do miss the youtube app, using the the google youtube app from the store brings back memories of the Galaxy S2.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Early adapters will always suffer growing pains.. It's not just with Apple as Android, BlackBerry, Windows, Linux, Mac, ect are all the same..

In a perfect world a new OS on any platform would be bug an error free.. There are always going to be growing pains but Apple appears to correct them faster than most in my opinion..

If rock solid performance is what you desire then I would caution users to not upgrade when a new OS is released.. Simply wait for the .01 / .1 version and then upgrade.. Most major bugs will be addressed and threads like this can be avoided...

Apple is pretty quick to solve these issue and I have no doubt that the iOS bugs will be squashed quickly.. The main problem with Android is that while Google may release a major bug fix quickly, the user will never know it unless they are on a Nexus device because the device manufacturers have to get their paws on it, test it, update all their installed crapware, then apprive it... Next it goes to the carriers who must test it and update all their installed crapware and approve it... At some point the user gets *lucky* and has an OS update months later..

If a minimal and mostly bug free experience is what you want / need then never update to a new OS on any platform on release day..

My .02

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
Early adapters will always suffer growing pains.. It's not just with Apple as Android, BlackBerry, Windows, Linux, Mac, ect are all the same..

In a perfect world a new OS on any platform would be bug an error free.. There are always going to be growing pains but Apple appears to correct them faster than most in my opinion..

If rock solid performance is what you desire then I would caution users to not upgrade when a new OS is released.. Simply wait for the .01 / .1 version and then upgrade.. Most major bugs will be addressed and threads like this can be avoided...

Apple is pretty quick to solve these issue and I have no doubt that the iOS bugs will be squashed quickly.. The main problem with Android is that while Google may release a major bug fix quickly, the user will never know it unless they are on a Nexus device because the device manufacturers have to get their paws on it, test it, update all their installed crapware, then apprive it... Next it goes to the carriers who must test it and update all their installed crapware and approve it... At some point the user gets *lucky* and has an OS update months later..

If a minimal and mostly bug free experience is what you want / need then never update to a new OS on any platform on release day..

My .02
That's good advice buddy. I am also thinking on that angle. In future, whenever there will be new release I will refrain from upgrading until I listen and read from the forum members about what they are facing. Thanks.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Well I didn't look at who wrote it at first. Didn't realize it was an old eip dinosaur. :p I guess you've been around long enough to form an opinion. Even if its a bad one. ;)
No such thing as a bad opinion my friend :) if we all shared the same opinions it would be a very dull world.

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
No such thing as a bad opinion my friend :) if we all shared the same opinions it would be a very dull world.
I agree with you dear. These diverse opinions make the things better and help to innovate novelty.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Lol I guess I've just been fortunate with them so far. Nothing more than a minor gripe rarely. If you had to go through what I went through with Verizon, you'd understand just how great Apple can be! Verizon is the worst company I've ever dealt with. I loathe them. I wish like crazy that we would get AT&T up here. Would be nice to have a nice customer service experience again! :)
I agree 100%. Verizon is so ridiculously overrated. I know I'm in AT&T's back yard here and verizon has broader 4g coverage nationally but my experience, especially when it comes to 4G, is much better with AT&T. I jumped to vzw for a year and a half an came running back as quickly to AT&T as I could. My wife will do the same once our contract is up on her 4s with verizon. I never had a horrible customer service experience with them but I have family members that have and it's not indicative of the reputation that they seem to have.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
I can certainly understand the frustration many people have when their devices don't work as advertised. What I don't understand is why some people have issues and some people don't. I have had a pain free experience so far with the iPhone5. Granted iOS6 is not polished yet, but overall it has been a wonderful user experience for me. Can anyone explain why some people are having issues while others (like myself) haven't seen those issues surface?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
iOS 6 is just horrid, the wifi problem with it, I've had a stock iPhone for the past 4 days, be aide I can't restore from backup over wifi because it goes off every minute.

I'm getting tired of defending them all the time. Tim is really letting us all down and turning the company to crap.

A dislike? Really? Why?

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I can certainly understand the frustration many people have when their devices don't work as advertised. What I don't understand is why some people have issues and some people don't. I have had a pain free experience so far with the iPhone5. Granted iOS6 is not polished yet, but overall it has been a wonderful user experience for me. Can anyone explain why some people are having issues while others (like myself) haven't seen those issues surface?
Just a guess but I believe a lot of the problems are do to the apps they run have not been updated to iOS 6 yet.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
Just a guess but I believe a lot of the problems are do to the apps they run have not been updated to iOS 6 yet.
That can be true, but every app I use that has NOT been updated to iOS6 seems to work just fine. There has got to be some other culprit and I am sure it will be figured out.

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
No, I don't have any problems with wifi or bluetooth, but I have heard plenty of others who do, especially with wifi. Like I said my problem seems to be with the touch screen camera button feeling hard when you press it, but it's not a major problem.

I'm sure Apple are working on an os 6.1 update as we speak to resolve all these bugs. I must admit though, I do miss the youtube app, using the the google youtube app from the store brings back memories of the Galaxy S2.
May I know are you with Vodafone or some other carrier?