Who wants to quit Apple?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ok I'll bite, there were plenty of 3G att smartphones at the time and 3G was available maybe not widely which supports my point about Apple waiting for tech to mature
" Not widely." Exactly. That was all I was trying to debate. I thought you were implying that 3G was not only widely available in 2007, but that there were competing smartphones at the time that had it. I don't think anything compared to the iPhone 2G when it came it. Sure, you could find a 3G phone at the time, but the service area was limited and it wouldn't have been a touchscreen smartphone with a good OS like Android or iOS. It took nearly two years for an actual competitor to show up. Some would say the Palm Pre, but I'd say that fell short in a lot of ways and it was actually the MyTouch in 2009.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
" Not widely." Exactly. That was all I was trying to debate. I thought you were implying that 3G was not only widely available in 2007, but that there were competing smartphones at the time that had it. I don't think anything compared to the iPhone 2G when it came it. Sure, you could probably find a 3G phone at the time, but not a touchscreen smartphone with a good OS like Android or iOS. It took nearly two years for an actual competitor to show up. Some would say the Palm Pre, but I'd say that fell short in a lot of ways and it was actually the MyTouch in 2009.
Yes you are right, one can also make the same argument with "4G" LTE, all I'm saying is that Apple is cautious implementing the latest tech and tends to proceed once the market conditions are right. I think that's a good thing.

kaelinlei

Bronze
Oct 17, 2011
I switched from the iPhone 5 to the Note 2. I have absolutely no regrets. I can finally carry around a spare battery and the battery life is phenomenal. The typing was the biggest thing I had to get over so I downloaded SwiftKey and haven't had a problem since. However, I would NEVER give up my iPads (iPad 2 and LTE iPad Mini) and iPod. I feel like I have the best of both worlds. I don't use my phone to play games so I don't really miss the iPhone. I just wanted to be able to have 1 device that is different. It all come down to personal preference. I've had the iPhone since the 3G and was just ready for a change. If iOS 7 blows me away, I may end up switching back to the iPhone but I'm pretty happy with both my Android and iOS devices for now.

Sent using iCafe app

Reactions: theorioles33