Why use Instagram?

AntonyLe55

Jan 3, 2012
I tried it out and I didn't think much of it. If you want your photos to look like everyone else's, then you might like it. The main use of the app is for people who just want to snap a picture and make it look artistic by adding a classic filter and possibly a frame. It creates it's own social network (think Facebook's news feed but only pictures). You can of course upload to Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I can't seem to find a web interface which is really odd since it is trying to be a social network. Everything is done from your phone. It's kind of limited in scope but it doesn't try to be an editor, just a quick way to make your photos less dull.
Right right, it is quite limited in filters, and I couldn't login to Instagram and view larger photos from my laptop either. I think that's why many people use other apps for more filters and options. I'm looking to use other apps myself to obtain more options for filters. I do NOT want my photos to just look like everyone else's. I really like how I can instantly and easily upload it to Twitter and/or Facebook though. Are there any other apps you prefer to use instead?

AntonyLe55

Jan 3, 2012
I LIKE it and it is to fix pics and upload or whatever and share w friends that have it and u can get pics of everything you love!

However for great pics I LOVE snapspeed!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

THANK YOU for your response. So, you "like" instagram, but you "LOVE" snapspeed haha. Howcome you love snapspeed so much? What's special about it? Personally, I'm getting a bit bored with Instagram, and looking for more filters and stuff.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
I love how the pictures look on snap speed ;-) its an amazing app!It truly enhances your pictures and you can make any photo look so beautiful or exactly how you want it! Try it out I'm not a developer or nothing lol it's free!

Reactions: AntonyLe55

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
So snapspeed and path are for more filter options. They're not only for Apple iPhone are they? I use photobucket to host photos, just because that's the first one I used out of high school a long time ago.

I use photobucket (2accounts lol) and now shutterfly to upload pictures and than I buy whatever I want.
I love snapspeed for uploading to Facebook, insta gram the pics come out tiny in Facebook.
Another fun app if your into photography is "storie"

AntonyLe55

Jan 3, 2012
I love how the pictures look on snap speed ;-) its an amazing app!It truly enhances your pictures and you can make any photo look so beautiful or exactly how you want it! Try it out I'm not a developer or nothing lol it's free!

haha, sounds like snapspeed will be better than instagram then! Thanks for the suggestions New Jersey Shore Mom For Girls :)

Reactions: Njshoremom4gurlz

~DS~

Bronze
Dec 18, 2011
You can't really compare snapseed to Instragram, Snapseed focus on photo editing with filters while Instragram is community based social app for sharing via social network.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
True insta gram is cool too! If you have friends or want to make friends that use the app:) everyone w an iPhone is quickly hopping over to instagram I'm talking about picture editing

AntonyLe55

Jan 3, 2012
Okay great, thanks so much for your insights everyone. I've been playing around with the app a lot lately, lots of fun! Taking photos of food and drinks before I consume has become a bit of "ritual" haha. When my apps wouldn't open, I found myself sitting there, hungrily, for over 5minutes trying to get the app to work!