Wi-Fi Dropouts?

RPMSTL

Bronze
Jun 22, 2009
I've had dropping issues with the pad since new. I would classify them as occasional and a reboot usually gets it back on track. Sometimes I will reboot the router and iPad, seems to speed things up. I use the Uverse router.

Magicman4131

Bronze
Jul 25, 2009
California
I have random dropouts with my iPad and I have to type in my password several times to connect and it gets really annoying hopefully it is a software issue and an update will fix it.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
I was having all sorts of issues with the wifi dropping for no reason....so what i decided to do was give my ipad a static IP...I haven't dropped my connection since (well over a month, where I would drop it several times a day)! Maybe changing it to a static IP will help you guys.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Awesome! Now, is this reversible by resetting the network settings should something go wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe
Absolutely...All you need to do is go on your ipad under wifi and find your network...click on the little arrow...click the static button and add in all the information...(you can get the info when you login to your router)....just pick an IP outside for DHCP range your subnet will be 255.255.255.0, router is probably 192.168.2.1, DNS you'll have to find yourself.....leave search domains blank and http proxy off.

If you feel that your having a problem just go back in erase all that info and click on the "DHCP" button and click "renew lease" and your all good.

iPhoneuser666

Silver
Jun 13, 2010
Absolutely...All you need to do is go on your ipad under wifi and find your network...click on the little arrow...click the static button and add in all the information...(you can get the info when you login to your router)....just pick an IP outside for DHCP range your subnet will be 255.255.255.0, router is probably 192.168.2.1, DNS you'll have to find yourself.....leave search domains blank and http proxy off.

If you feel that your having a problem just go back in erase all that info and click on the "DHCP" button and click "renew lease" and your all good.
Okay, I'm nervous but I'm gonna go for it, lol!

Sent from my iPad using iCafe

iPhoneuser666

Silver
Jun 13, 2010
Interestingly, it seems like it actually strengthened the wireless signal. It used to fall to one bar quite often before totally losing signal and it has has not gone below two bars yet...nor lost the connection.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I can recite my internet password on command when asked because I have had to type it in so many times daily on my iPad. And it's not like it's easy numbers, they are very random numbers and letters.